Buck PakLite Caper Knife

Fantastic knife for the money! I love Buck knives…

Fantastic knife for the money! I love Buck knives ability to take and hold an edge, and I wanted a super light fixed blade knife. But I didn't want to drop $40+ to do that.  I found these at the Wally World for $17 each.

This knife weighs 2oz once I wrapped the handle with paracord. I can shave with the thing, I can baton wood with it as long as I'm careful, I can even fillet fish with it. This is a fantastic back country knife.

Sure, I'm not going to baton it into heavy hard wood as buck knives' blades tend to be on the brittle side, but for already cured softer woods I have no issue doing such, but the versatility of this knife makes it very much worth carrying into the back country.

Bang for the Buck factor?  Second to none. There are stronger knives, there are sharper knives, there are better overall knives. But at 1.1oz and $17 I think I have found my ultralight backpacking knife.