Buck PakLite Caper Knife

Fantastic knife for the money! I love Buck knives…

Fantastic knife for the money! I love Buck knives ability to take and hold an edge, and I wanted a super light fixed blade knife. But I didn't want to drop $40+ to do that.  I found these at the Wally World for $17 each.

This knife weighs 2oz once I wrapped the handle with paracord. I can shave with the thing, I can baton wood with it as long as I'm careful, I can even fillet fish with it. This is a fantastic back country knife.

Sure, I'm not going to baton it into heavy hard wood as buck knives' blades tend to be on the brittle side, but for already cured softer woods I have no issue doing such, but the versatility of this knife makes it very much worth carrying into the back country.

Bang for the Buck factor?  Second to none. There are stronger knives, there are sharper knives, there are better overall knives. But at 1.1oz and $17 I think I have found my ultralight backpacking knife.

Visit Buck's PakLite Caper Knife page.

CLOSEOUTS . Buck Knivesand#39; Omni and PakLite Caper is the ideal combination for field dressing. The Omni Hunter has a drop point blade thatand#39;s excellent for skinning, and the lean, lightweight PakLite Caper makes quick work of delicate tasks. Available Colors: SEE PHOTO.

- Sierra Trading Post

Buck Knives has created the Paklite Caper pocket knife for all of those extra chores. With it's skeletal one piece build you will have a durable lightweight build. With the black side sheath you can always have the Paklite Caper close by. PRODUCT FEATURES: One piece 420HC stainless construction Skeletonized handle Black nylon belt sheath

- Appalachian Outdoors

Lightweight, sturdy and effective, the Buck Paklite Caper Traction caping knife can be carried alone, or used to complement a larger knife as a camp-kitchen paring blade. 420HC stainless-steel blade and handle ensure durability and corrosion resistance. Skeletal steel frame offers heavy-duty strength, yet light weight for easy carrying. The Buck Paklite Caper Traction caping knife handle features Buck Orange Traction coating for added grip.