This is a must-have item on a thru hike! Can be used…

Summary

This is a must-have item on a thru hike! Can be used for more than just a head cover! This kept my hair out of my eyes and kept my neck warm at night and my head covered from the sun during the day.

Pros

• Light weight
  • Couple sizes to choose from
  • UV protection
  • Multiple designs
  • Covers head and neck

I bought this as a last minute item before my JMT hike in August. This ended up being one of my favorite items on my hike and will never leave it behind on any future hike.

I wore this for 18 days on the trail! I washed it out daily and used it to cool off during the middle of the day when it was very hot. I took it off rinsed in the cold alpine lakes and streams and cooled off my neck and face and head then rinsed again and put it back over my head to keep me cool!

I could not have gone without this item on my trip. When I got to a resupply station I used in the shower as a wash cloth and scrubbed my hands, face, ankles and feet then soaped up and rinsed it out and put back on my head. I might get a second one for next trip.

This held up fine, did not rip or fade in color. Very durable material. An all around great item!

Thanks for the review, Elizabeth. I impulse bought one of these a year or two ago and am glad I did. I've found it very useful for trail running, especially when I don't want to wear a cap (or it's dark and I need to wear a headlamp).