Buff Merino Wool Buff

The versatile and simplicity of the BUFF makes it…

Price Paid: Retail

Summary

The versatile and simplicity of the BUFF makes it the number 1 necessity when traveling, hiking, or camping.

Pros

• Multi-purpose headwear
  • Warm and long-lasting
  • Machine-washable
  • Long for a better beanie

I've never carried a piece of headwear with me so much. My fiancé swears she's going to throw it away someday! She's tried buying me other hats or even another BUFF, but only the BUFF Merino Wool will do.

I mainly use it as a neck gaitor, beanie, or balaclava. Very versatile and useful when camping in cold weather or sitting at home. Highly recommend this my friends. I'm an unpaid spokesperson.

Yep, merino wool does stay soft and comfortable for…

Summary

Yep, merino wool does stay soft and comfortable for "allergic" wearers. Longer than the regular synthetic Buffs, same multiple options, no worries about melting at the campfire or smelling over time. I bought another for my daughter's birthday to wear on campus -- very stylish.

Pros

• Soft
  • Warm
  • Easy to clean
  • Multiple wearing options
  • Same Buff reliability

Cons

• Pricey for a 30-inch tube of merino wool

Yep, merino wool does stay soft and comfortable for "allergic" wearers. This is the first time in over 50 years I've bought a wool product, and I am impressed.

The wool Buff is several inches longer than the regular synthetic Buffs that I own, and costs about $10 more. I compared them to the Icebreaker wool headgear for $6 less, but preferred the longer tube with a softer feel. I am glad that brand loyalty paid off.

Wool Buffs have the same multiple options. I use them to keep my long hair out of my face while taking walks, and occasionally use them as a balaclava. The wool Buff will rock at this! And no worries about melting at the campfire or smelling over time.

I bought another for my daughter's birthday to wear on campus — very stylish. She almost got my heather gray wool Buff, but the kiwi green one brings out her eyes.