Burton AK Oven Mitt

NOT waterproof. Very little insulation on the palm…

NOT waterproof. Very little insulation on the palm of the hand.

Great mittens for above freezing if it is dry, okay for below freezing, but not much below 25 or 30.

I'm a skiier and have never snowboarded, but I've…

Fabric: Goretex, Dryloft, leather on palm
Fill: Primaloft(?)
Price Paid: $70 (?)

I'm a skiier and have never snowboarded, but I've always loved Burton clothing - very cool and very well made. My dad has spent the past couple of winters working at my hometown's ski/bike store to fund my brothers' ski racing, so I've capitalized on it as much as possible. Therefore I picked up these mittens rather inexpensively. Not sure exactly how much since I got them for Christmas.

Anyways, now to the review. I've got bad circulation in my hands (think I inherited it from my mom) and I've never really had a great set of gloves (unless borrowed from my dad). I was looking through the rack of gloves and mittens trying to be unobjective as possible to the prices (tend to think that expensive is better). Came across these mittens and thought to myself, "wow, these are really nice." Just before I handed them to my dad, I noticed the price tag...at least over a $100.

Got on the ski hill (upper Michigan= hills) and put these on...oh baby, comfort, warmth, style. Fashion and function. I spent the next couple of days admiring these mittens on my hands, doing so the entire time swaddled in warmth. Protection from wind and rain. Not to mention they come with their own stuff sack, so I plan taking them winter backpacking.

Bottomline: if your hands get cold, buy the AK Ovenmitts. They do the trick.

Visit Burton's AK Oven Mitt page.

Don't let cold weather keep you from an epic day of riding or skiing; slide into the Burton AK Oven Mitts for men and get some serious insulation from sub-zero temps. These incredibly warm mitts wrap your hands in fleece, goose down, Primaloft and Gore-Tex for the highest level of warmth, breathability and storm protection you can imagine. If chronically cold hands plague your days on the mountain, the Burton Oven Mitt is your ticket to warmth. Biting temps and coldsmoke are no match for these mittens. You'll be able to ski and ride longer and stay warmer with these dope mitts from Burton.

- Altrec Outlet

Face it bro; you're not invulnerable to cold fingers. You're smart, so you choose to wear the Burton Men's AK Oven Mitten on those days when it's not safe to whip it out for a leak break in the trees. The low-profile design makes sliding the cuff of your jacket over the mitten easier than unzipping your fly.

Free Shipping. Burton Men's AK Oven Mitt DECENT FEATURES of the Burton Men's AK Oven Mitt Ultra Breathable Windstopper Fabric from Gore Triple Goose Down Fill PrimaLoft Insulation (15 Oz = Very Warm) Hydrofil Wicking Fixed Fleece Finger Mitt Lining Gnar Guard Leather Palm Super Ergonomic Construction Pistol Grip Pre-Curved Fit Unisex Sizing This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

Attention Burton Snowboards Gear can be shipped only within the United States.Description of Burton AK Oven MittStraight out of the Burton AK Oven Mitt your hands will be a golden brown and taste of warm apple pie. Dont forget about their ultra breathable Gore-Tex Ripstop fabric either... its the perfect compliment. Pre-heat to 450 degrees and bake for the entire day FeaturesUltra Breathable GORE-TEX Ripstop Fabric Triple Goose Down FillPrimaLoft Insulation 15 Oz. Very WarmHydrofil Wicking Fixed Fleece Finger Mitt LiningRodeo ak Leather PalmSuper Ergonomic ConstructionPistol Grip Pre-Curved Fit

- US Outdoor Store

Burton AK Oven Mitt

The Burton AK Oven Mitt is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 5, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new insulated glove/mitten, check out the best reviewed current models.