Byer Easy Traveller

Love it!!! Lightweight, compact, easy to hang anywhere,…

Summary

Love it!!! Lightweight, compact, easy to hang anywhere, and very comfortable. I use this many times in lieu of my tent to save weight on ultralight trips. Take it with me everywhere!

Pros

• Solid material does not leave "waffle" pattern in your skin.
  • Does not tear.
  • Compact

Cons

• Provides no warmth in cooler temps (of course, not designed for insulation)

This hammock is one of my favorite and best purchases ever! I take it with me everywhere. It's great for any kind of camping, or backpacking trip. I would not recommend it in cold weather, wherein a tent can better trap heat.

This works well as just an easy setup to relax wherever you are. Setup is a breeze and can be hung almost anywhere. Cleans easily and dries quickly.

I have had this hammock for five years and it is still in as good of condition as the day I bought it. I have added two loops of webbing in the attached stuff sack and two carabiners; with this setup I can hang on any size tree or pole or even attach one end to my car. Definitely a must in your pack.

I camp in a hammock in all seasons. Pitching your tarp low provides almost the same coverage as a 3 season tent. Add a good underquilt and some sort of winter sock, and you are good to go.

KiwiKlimber

I'd love to see photos of it attached to the car if you have them.

Have used it about a dozen times. On the AT and GSMNP.

Price Paid: 29 bucks

Have used it about a dozen times. On the AT and GSMNP. Has not let me down yet.

I have used it in in all four seasons backpacking and canoeing with the Boy Scouts. I use it with the ENOS slap strap system, and good D rings and it works great. Very lightweight, sturdy and comfortable.

I can't tell the difference in quality between ENO's hammocks and this one when setup next to each other. I use a silnylon etowah outfitters tarp with it. My son also has one and has yet to have a problem with it.

Great for packing when space is tight, the Byer Easy Traveller hammock is about as large as a queen-size bed, yet weighs only 19 oz.

The Byer of Maine An innovative new design from the originator of light weight Brazilian style hammocks. The Easy Traveller provides the conforming comfort of a traditional hammock, with the strength of parachute nylon cloth construction. An integrated hammock system takes all the guess work out of the Easy Traveller. Everything you need to enjoy your light weight hammock is in the bag, all you need is two anchor points!

- CampSaver.com

Say goodbye to the hardand possibly wet or coldground (and all that crawls around on it), and spend your nights in the backcountry in the Byer of Maine Easy Traveller Hammock instead. Constructed from lightweight, quick-drying parachute nylon, this hammock folds easily into your pack and provides unparalleled siesta or overnight comfort. Set-up is a breeze thanks to the included MicroRope kit, which quickly and easily secures the Easy Traveller to two trees. The hammocks stows easily in the stuff sack, which is attached to the side of the hammock to hold necessities like a flashlight or a snack.

An innovative new design from the originator of lightweight Brazilian Style Hammocks. The Easy Traveller provides the conforming comfort of a traditional hammock configuration with the strength of all nylon parachute cloth construction. Comes complete with integral MicroRope Hanging System. 54" x 84" bed size, weight limit 250 lbs.

- Campmor