Cabela's GORE-TEX Pinnacle Mittens

They are very well made and structured, but rather…

Summary

They are very well made and structured, but rather fragile. Insulation is synthetic. My winter activities generally take place around 2000 to 3000 meter range. This season, I wore em extensively. They kept my hands dry and cozy, but numerous camping and snowshoeing activities, undertaken with tools, poles, etc. wore the deerskin leather skin palms really bad. I expected they would serve me many years to come, but I was wrong.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Warm

Cons

• Extremely fragile
  • Bulky

Cabela's must have used a tougher skin or something else to cover the palms. This is the first time I am rating a Cabela's made gear this low. Majority of its products are the best there is on the market for specific outdoor products, but not this one.

Cabelas-Pinnacle-Mittens.jpg

If you've owned or used a Cabela's GORE-TEX Pinnacle Mittens, please share your experience.

Cabela's GORE-TEX Pinnacle Mittens

The Cabela's GORE-TEX Pinnacle Mittens is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new insulated glove/mitten, check out the best reviewed current models.