Cabela's Guidewear X300 Gore-tex Parka

This is one superb jacket for any type outdoor activity.

This is one superb jacket for any type outdoor activity. I recently got the jacket and get it tested under a downpour for almost three hours.

My feet got soaked ankle deep, but the jacket kept me somewhat dry; not because of any leakage from the shell, but due to not so good breathing. X300 Guidewear shell is tough enough but I presume it is somewhat restricting the breathing ability of the jacket.

Other than that, it's got plenty of pocket for storage and a good size hood, could have been made to weigh less though. The sizing is a little off. I wear XL and obviously ordered XL, but the jacket feels like XXL so I pulled the belt strap hard to better fit the jacket over my body.

Overall, it is good jacket. I am sure it will last many years to come
cabelas-jacket.jpg