Cabela's Meindl Perfekt Hiker 7"

I haven't owned an exorbitant amount of hiking boots,…

I haven't owned an exorbitant amount of hiking boots, but I can say with conviction that these boots are incredible. They're not as light as a "light hiking" boot, but they really don't weigh too much.

There is virtually no break in time, and if I could wear these to sleep I would. I live in a city, and even when I'm not hiking with them, I wear them every single day to work.

The cork footbeds I was a bit skeptical about at first, but they are very effective at absorbing the shock in your step. A lot of companies provide crummy footbeds that you end up replacing from the get-go, but these are a different story. Over time, they and the boot mold to your foot and it's very comfortable.

This is a great boot, but it's also all about the little things, like the eyelet on the tongue, which keeps the tongue in place, nice addition. I also haven't gotten a single blister with them (knock on wood).

They're durable, good looking, completely waterproof and (in my opinion) pretty lightweight. What's not to like? A+

Cabela's Meindl Perfekt Hiker 7"

No price on record.

The Cabela's Meindl Perfekt Hiker 7" is not available from the stores we monitor.