Cabela's Premier Northern Goose Down Jacket

I got it, as usual, through Ebay. At first, I was…

Cabelas-Down-Pullover.jpg

I got it, as usual, through Ebay. At first, I was a little skeptical as to the practicability of the jacket. I checked through Cabela’s online store, but no such jacket was available in there. I got over my anxiety and bid it, eventually winning.

It is two tone green nylon shell and lining. This is a pullover type with a 1/2 zip front, drawstring bottom, elastic cuffs, side pockets with zippers and one interior pocket with zipper located just inside the front zipper. It is sized “L – reg”, I am 6’ 1” and it is a perfect fit for me. The insulation is 80% down, remainder is down feathers.

The winter is over so I do not know how it will perform on the mountains while trekking or setting up tent. To get a feeling as to how comfortable it is when put on, I wore it over a cotton t-shirt and took a paced stroll down the neighborhood during the evening. I was amazingly warm. The jacket breathed quite nicely.

When I returned home, I wanted to how it would compress. I put it inside a small stuff sack. When I pulled the straps, the sack got down to nothing. It compressed wonderfully.

It will be one of my crucial pieces of gears; will definitely replace my thick heavy spare fleece jacket inside my winter and expedition pack.

I recommend it dearly if found.

Cabela's Premier Northern Goose Down Jacket

The Cabela's Premier Northern Goose Down Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.