CamelBak Better Bottle .75 Liter

Solid, tough, good for staying hydrated. Compatible…

Summary

Solid, tough, good for staying hydrated. Compatible with the Camelbak All Clear.

Pros

• Tough
  • Easy to slurp down a lot of water
  • No BPAs

Cons

• Bite valve?
  • A bit heavier than a hydration bladder

Just a water bottle, of course, but a well-designed and efficient one.

I bought the Camelbak All Clear UV system, which comes complete with the same bottle, but with only a standard top with no bite valve. The idea was to swap the tops after treatment so I'd have two bottles, and it worked perfectly. Now, one has the standard solid lid that comes with the All Clear and the other has the 'Better Bottle with wide-bore straw and bit valve.

I suspect the bite valve will be the weak point but it does work well, allowing you to get enough water easily without gulping it. Unlike a hydration bladder, you get a good idea of the amount of water you're drinking and how much you have left. And by alternating the bottles, you can keep track of which one's fresher (and colder). I also notice that Camelbak offers a 'lifetime warranty' so if I do run into a problem, I know I'm covered.

On the downside, a pair of bottles is heavier than a bladder, but I prefer a system where I have some redundancy for crucial elements. If a bladder bursts, you have nothing to carry water in. Even if one Better Bottle breaks, you still have one more for backup.
Product-Placement.jpg

Notice the pair of bottles.

Great for hiking. It's very convenient that it fits…

Summary

Great for hiking. It's very convenient that it fits perfectly in a car cup holder.

Pros

• durable
  • easy yo tote

Cons

• none

Great value. I drink a ton of water and it has ample capacity. Very durable. I like the clear one. Is it my imagination but does it keep my water cool?

I am an athlete on the go....I'm in Cross Country,…

I am an athlete on the go....I'm in Cross Country, Wrestling, and Track and this bottle has stood up to a long Cross season with a lot of abuse and has so far stood up to this years wrestling season.

This bottle is tough, yet I consider it a "luxury bottle" since it is so nicely constructed. I am extremely tough on it, and the only sign of age is a small plastic piece has broken off the bite valve thingy that helps you pull up the bite valve (kind of a pain, but my abuse was most likely the reason for its break).

I used this bottle EVERYDAY during Cross season since I needed to stay hydrated during the day (an average 2 liters per school day). I really love the loop for carrying, it is perfect for the crook of my finger, and it can be clipped via a carabiner to anything.

During wrestling I need to watch how much water I consume and again the Camelbak Better Bottle is BETTER. I can see how much I have drank and it restricts chugging....brilliant.

I caught the trailing/backpacking bug this past summer and I have yet to use my bottle on a trip but I am sure it would service just fine.

BUY THIS BOTTLE NOW, you will not regret. (I think the .75L size is just right, but if i was to buy again I might go with the bigger 1L version just because of the small price increase and added capacity, but if you are going to be filling this at a water fountain like @ school this would be the max size and you can't even fill it entirely from the school type water fountain).

This is a great, drip-free water bottle. The wide…

Price Paid: $14 (REI)

This is a great, drip-free water bottle. The wide straw is helps you drink more fluid without feeling like you're chugging to stay hydrated. This size is just right for cup holders!!

I use it every day and there is no dripping, cracking…

I use it every day and there is no dripping, cracking or problems in general. Dishwasher safe and very durable.

If you've owned or used a CamelBak Better Bottle .75 Liter, please share your experience.