CamelBak BlowFish

This is a nice size hydration pack. I picked it up…

This is a nice size hydration pack. I picked it up so my girlfriend can carry some of the load while backpacking. 3 liters of water, plus more. She likes the added room and the pockets on the inside. A perfect pickup for our travels.

In time we will buy a larger pack for her, and only use this one for day trips. As we are very different in size we needed a pack that would fit both of us. we loaded it up and adjusted it to fit her. She said it was comfy and didn't cut into her at all. Next was my turn, had to make a lot of adjustments but it ended up fitting fine. We are both very happy.

I bought this particular CamelBak because of its simplistic…

Design: Hydration Pack
Size: 3 L resevoir; 12 L Cargo
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 10-15 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'1"
Price Paid: ~$75

I bought this particular CamelBak because of its simplistic design. Other hydration packs had either too many pockets for my needs or were too expensive. I have been using it for about a year, and use it every time I set out on a day hike or mountain bike ride. My longest trip with this pack has been 4-5 hours in length on a mildly warm day, and I did not run out of water.

As far as the cargo space goes, this pack does the job for my needs. On cooler days I usually wear an extra top and bottom layer, but those usually come off and get stored away in the pack shorty after hitting the trail. If I think I might get rained on, I throw a light, water-resitant shell in the pack and I'm good to go.

Even when I bring my dog along, her water canteen goes in the pack as well without a problem. So, the most I have gotten in the main compartment of the pack was a pair of warm-up pants, a light water-resistant shell, the dog's water canteen, and some snacks. There are two smaller front pockets where I keep my wallet, phone, keys, utility tool, firestarter, and knife. I've only used the expandable zipper feature once or twice.

Overall, it's a simple pack that is great for both hiking and mountain biking. I would recommend this to a friend who enjoys half-day trips on the trails.

I have been pleased with my CamelBak hydration pack.

Design: ruck sack
Size: either 250 or 800 cu. in.
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: under 15lbs
Height of Owner: 6'

I have been pleased with my CamelBak hydration pack. I wanted somthing small enough to not be in the way when I am biking yet big enough to use on light hike. The BlowFish is the perfect answer because it the main compatment can expand when you need more room or collapse when you want less bulk. It has one smaller pocket with two small pockets inside and a big mesh carry-all on the outside. It comes with a 3 liter omega water bladder which is very durable. The only problem I've had is the bladder is a hassle to get in and out. When the bladder is full the whole unit does not ride flat against the my back. Other than that it's great.