CamelBak Cypher

I got a Camelback Cypher as a gift in September of…

Price Paid: Was a gift from a friend

I got a Camelback Cypher as a gift in September of 2005 when I was in Arizona working as a missionary for the LDS church. The pack stayed with me through bike crashes, scourging weather, and the occasional monsoon storms.

I took it to Brazil and back to the US and now (Feb 2011) I still use it for school. It has enough room to fit a small first aid kit and food plus all my school stuff. I love the pack and am surprised that it is still in good condition.

The only drawback: every zipper in the Cypher has a metal "thing" (can't think of the word) that is used to pull the zipper open and closed. With time this metal "thing" starts to wear out and eventually break. I have only 3 of the original "things" left, so I had to replace them with key chains. But the zippers themselves are not broken, they open and close without sticking and are not giving me any trouble even after using it daily for almost 6 years.

I would recommend this Camelbak to anyone interested in having a reliable, compact, and comfortable companion for school or travel.

I purchased a CamelBak Cypher about 2 years ago and…

I purchased a CamelBak Cypher about 2 years ago and have carried it every day since. I pack it full of textbooks for college, and use it when I get the opportunity to fish or hit the trails. The pack is extremely good quality. It is the best pack I have ever purchased.

With a clean look and a compact design, the NEW CamelBak Cypher goes anywhere with you. With 1062 cu in of storage, carry gear and water for an afternoon out or even a lightweight laptop. Built to last, the Cypher by CamelBak can handle anything life throws at it.CamelBak Cypher Features Bomb-proof 1000D Cordura exterior and 1680D ballistic boot Exo-Air back panel with 3-dimensional Air Mesh keeps air flowing and you comfortable Independent Suspension Harness with Air Mesh keeps load stable and you cool Includes Bite Valve Garage on harness Full zip access to reservoir makes loading easy Includes sternum strap and waistbelt Capacity: 70 oz/ 2 liters Cargo: 1062 cu in (17.40 L) Weight: filled 6.60 lbs (3.00 kg) empty 2.20 (1.00 kg) Dimensions: 16.5in. x 11in. x 6in. (419 mm x 279 mm x 152 mm) Weight: filled 6.20 lbs (2.81 kg) empty 1.80 lbs (.82 kg)Camelbak Cypher, Better than your average IV!I bought my first Camelbak Cypher in Summer, 2002, and my life has vastly improved. I do not attribute the improvements to the brow lift I got in 2004; though I believe the brow lift was successful, it wasn’t as big a hit in 2002 as my brand new Camelbak. My first Camelbak I initially bought my Cypher by Camelbak for biking. Only cave men use water bottles right? And then I thought it might be nice to take my Camelback skiing, and I’m not kidding that after they saw me wearing my camelbak, every one of my friends got a Camelback Cypher of their own. I don’t necessarily think they are copycats, I just think they love their Camelbaks deep down in their hearts, and I am okay with that.Then summer rolled around and out went the nalgene bottle and in came the Camelbak for hiking. Eventually, I was wearing my Camelbak Cypher climbing, running and just to walk the dog. I loved my Camelbak so much that, I started to wear it to take the garbage out and I even started to sleep with my Camelbak. You would think, that my girlfriend would be unhappy with me, but she got a Cypher by Camelbak, too, so it’s us and the Camelbaks in bed, and just imagine the pleasure of not having to miss a minute of Laguna Beach to get up and get a drink of water. Now I can’t take my Camelbak off, and you can’t make me. The only regret I have about the Camelbak Cypher is that I didn’t invent it myself. It’s kind of like my mom who dipped oreo’s in vanilla ice cream before cookies n’ cream came out.

With a clean look and a compact design; the new Cypher goes anywhere - the trial; the street; or a

- Snow Leopard Mountain Sports

CamelBak Cypher

The Cypher has been discontinued.

The CamelBak Cypher is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 17, 2006 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.