CamelBak Hellion

I've had this pack for about 4 months now. I bought…

Summary

I've had this pack for about 4 months now. I bought it at an estate sale for $15 brand new with tags! When I bought it I didn't know what it was worth but I knew the CamelBak name and figured it was worth more than that. I was right! I have been using this pack for the last 4 months, and last month I went on a two week prepper's excursion and we tested our gear thoroughly. I accidentally dropped this thing out of a tree almost 20 feet fully loaded and it's still just fine. This is a great pack!

Pros

• Strong stitching
  • Great zippers

Cons

• Not enough external pockets

Like I said. A great pack.

Excellant pack. I searched for several months for…

Design: Front-loading
Size: 1400
Number of Pockets: 5+
Max. Load Carried: 30+
Height of Owner: 5' 6"

Excellant pack. I searched for several months for the perfect pack and finally came across the Hellion. Used it the first day I bought it on Rabbit Ears Pass (CO). It has been snowed on, rained on, and 'bagged' four 14ers this year (2006). The water capacity is sufficient for a full day of hiking and a very useful design with numerous pockets.

CamelBak's Hellion Hydration Pack carries your skis or board, avy gear, and extra layers for your backcountry rides. Fill the three-liter water reservoir and head out in search of un-tracked powder. A padded waist-belt takes the weight off your shoulders when you travel with a heavy load, and the fleece-lined goggle pocket keeps your shades safe while you hike up. Strap on your shovel or ice axe to the exterior tool loops, and clip your helmet to the carry loop. Pack your music player in the padded MP3 pocket and let the motivation flow. The leakproof bite valve won't drip all over your jacket after you take a sip, and this CamelBak backpack's durable water reservoir keeps going season after season.

- Backcountry Outlet

The CamelBak Hellion 100-oz winter hydration pack holds your backcountry must-haves plus the extras that keep you comfortable all day.

- GearX.com

Ride harder, longer with the 100-oz capacity Hellion Hydration Pack from Camelbak. This insulated hydration pack keeps your water thawed and fresh with HydroGuard Anti-Microbial technology. Carry your avy gear, sticks, and MP3 player on or in the dedicated carry straps and pockets.

- Mountain Gear

The Hellion hydration backpack by Camelbak holds enough water for longer trips. A backcountry must have plus, room to carry all the extras that keep you comfortable.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

With a 100-ounce reservoir system and 1,478 cubic inches of carrying capacity, the Hellion Hydration Pack won't limit your search for fresh, untracked lines. The main compartment handles multiple clothing layers, while internal pockets organize backcountry cargo with specific pockets for stashing a shovel handle, probe, goggles, and MP3. External tool holders stow an ice axe and helmet, while lashing skis diagonally or a board vertically.

- Altrec Outdoors

CamelBak Hellion

The Hellion has been discontinued.

The CamelBak Hellion is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new winter pack, check out the best reviewed current models.