CamelBak Hellion

I've had this pack for about 4 months now. I bought…

Summary

I've had this pack for about 4 months now. I bought it at an estate sale for $15 brand new with tags! When I bought it I didn't know what it was worth but I knew the CamelBak name and figured it was worth more than that. I was right! I have been using this pack for the last 4 months, and last month I went on a two week prepper's excursion and we tested our gear thoroughly. I accidentally dropped this thing out of a tree almost 20 feet fully loaded and it's still just fine. This is a great pack!

Pros

• Strong stitching
  • Great zippers

Cons

• Not enough external pockets

Like I said. A great pack.

Excellant pack. I searched for several months for…

Design: Front-loading
Size: 1400
Number of Pockets: 5+
Max. Load Carried: 30+
Height of Owner: 5' 6"

Excellant pack. I searched for several months for the perfect pack and finally came across the Hellion. Used it the first day I bought it on Rabbit Ears Pass (CO). It has been snowed on, rained on, and 'bagged' four 14ers this year (2006). The water capacity is sufficient for a full day of hiking and a very useful design with numerous pockets.

If you've owned or used a CamelBak Hellion, please share your experience.

CamelBak Hellion

The Hellion has been discontinued.

The CamelBak Hellion is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new winter pack, check out the best reviewed current models.