CamelBak Isis

I love this day pack. It has all the features I was…

Design: Top-Loading Day Pack
Size: 100 oz. bladder, 1245 Cubic Inches pack capacity
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: 18 lbs. with water
Height of Owner: 5'6"

I love this day pack. It has all the features I was looking for plus extras. It has a women's-specific fit that is very comfortable on my hips and shoulders, is large enough to carry a full day's worth of gear (rain jacket, lunch, snacks, first aid kit, etc.), has lots of pockets that make it very easy to find things, yet still has a low-profile design.

A great feature is that the hydration bladder is in a separate compartment so it doesn't affect the available space of the main compartment when the bladder is full. The side pockets are perfect for storing energy bars and other items I want within easy reach, the bungee carries my rain jacket, and the small front pocket is perfect for my first aid kit. The only feature I would add would be a small zip pocket on the hip belt to carry lip balm or keys. Otherwise, it's nearly perfect!

This is a weird review - I LOVE this pack - but I'm…

Design: top laoding
Size: 20 liter
Number of Pockets: 2 side, 1 outer
Max. Load Carried: 25
Height of Owner: 6' 1"

This is a weird review - I LOVE this pack - but I'm a 6' 1" guy, and after trying loads of packs found this to be the perfect shape for me, and I'm not a curvy guy with breasts...

Whatever they say about the fit being for women, it's a great fit for men. And the blue is just fine too. I just got back from a week winter survival skills course in Yellowstone and this was my daypack. Comfortable, good strapping, light, useful outer pocket and side pockets.

If you've owned or used a CamelBak Isis, please share your experience.

CamelBak Isis

The Isis has been discontinued.

The CamelBak Isis is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 25, 2011 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.