The Octane 8+ and Octane 14+ are designed for the versatile and lightweight needs of speed hikers, trail runners, and adventure racers. The Octane 14+ is made for a full day of fast-paced outdoor activities and is insulated to keep liquid cool for hours. The pack features a center zip expansion for additional cargo capacity, stash pockets on the waist belt for snacks and essentials on the move, an internal wet/dry pocket, an Air Director back panel with Air Mesh for ventilation, and a waist belt designed for load stability.

Hydration capacity 100 oz (3 liters)
Cargo closed 958 cubic inches (15.7 liters)
Cargo open 1410 cubic inches (23.1 liters)
Weight empty 2.26 lbs (1.03 kg)
Weight filled 8.88 lbs (4.03 kg)

I love this backpack! Mine has had 3 years of bashing…

Price Paid: 134 aud

I love this backpack! Mine has had 3 years of bashing around and held up well, the straps could be a little more durable overall great.

Trying to find another one now wished they made this size again!!

I've used this pack in two adventure races. Good size…

I've used this pack in two adventure races. Good size for races of 12 hours and less in my opinion. I like the waist straps, very comfortable and the pockets come in handy to store food or small gear that you need frequently. The expansion zipper is a nice feature that allows you to stash larger gear such as a helmet in the large compartment.

I guess the greatest comment I can make about it is I never have to think about this pack during a race. Because it's lightweight construction, durability over the long run may be an issue. Highly recommended.