CamelBak Podium Big Chill 25oz

Best water bottle I've ever had. I love this bottle…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (CamelBak Rep)

Summary

Best water bottle I've ever had.

Pros

• Squeezable
  • Jet valve
  • Insulated

Cons

• Can't clean the valve?

I love this bottle more than anything. I have been through countless water bottles and I would give any one one of these.

The water in the bottle stays nice and cold even after hours outside. I am a room temperature water drinker, but if it is particularly hot, I will throw some cubes in and I know it will still be cool.

My favorite time to use this bottle is when I'm riding on my road bike. The jet valve is fantastic because if I'm having a hard ride, I don't really have the energy to suck water from the bottle. With this one I don't have to, I can just squeeze it gently.

I also like the Camelbak auto lock on the top. I can lock off the valve so that if I throw it in my pack, I won't have damp things. There are not many bottles that can attest to that.

I've been using this for over a year, and I if I am doing a high intensity activity, it is my go-to 100%. It also comes in smaller sizes and I have one of each.

It's hot outside, but your water stays cool. The jet…

Summary

It's hot outside, but your water stays cool. The jet valve works well.

Pros

• Insulated
  • Jet valve

Cons

• Hard to clean the bottom

Twelve bucks for a water bottle, not in this lifetime! That's what I thought to myself when checking the Camelbak Podium Big Chill out. Then I thought back to one or two summers ago. It was 8:30am, we were climbing Deheasa Road in East County San Diego and the outside temperature was already 88 degrees. I remember the morning well... I reached down thinking of the frozen bottle I pulled from the freezer, looked forward to the cool water and got a nice big swig of lukewarm to hot water. Egads, that's terrible when the hydration is low and it's the dog days of summer.

I saw these water bottles on "sale" for $12 and figured I would give one a try. I had been recovering from a broken wrist and riding was at an all time low but the unseasonably warm spring day had me risking re-injury and jumping on the bike for a "quick spin". I took two bottles, one regular 22 ounce and the Big Chill 25 ounce. Both packed to the brim with ice cubes then topped off with water.

Drinking the first non-insulated bottle, I just finished with it when the cubes were 100% melted and the water began t warm. My next swig was from the Big-Chill. I knew it would be good because I could feel the ice cubes still in tact... and they were. Cool refreshing water on a mid eighties day, some two hours into a ride. Very welcome and refreshing.

To sum things up, I was sold on these insulated bottles. I went and bought another. The only downfall I could see is that they are so large, it is hard to clean the bottom. Keep the powdered/sports drinks out and stick to water in these, I do believe they will stay cool up to twice as long as a regular fully exposed bottle.

Visit CamelBak's Podium Big Chill 25oz page.

CamelBak Podium Big Chill 25 oz is a high performance insulated sport bottle that keeps your water cooler longer. A double-walled bottle construction uses closed cell foam technology to keep your water cold twice as long as a standard bottle. The patented spill-proof Jet Valve allows the user to hydrate immediately without having to open or close a drinking interface and the bottles streamlined ergonomic design offers excellent squeezability without compromising bottle grip. The large aperture of the drinking nozzle generates an exceptional water flow rate and is easy to remove for thorough cleaning. The Podium Chill also has a lockout dial with easy to read graphics for leak-proof transport.

- CampSaver.com

The 25 fl. oz. CamelBak Podium Big Chill Insulated Water Bottle uses double-wall construction to keep water cold long after you start pedaling.

For zero spills and twice the chill, the CamelBak Podium Big Chill Water Bottle is a great choice. High-performance features and TruTaste materials make staying hydrated a breeze.

- EMS

Designed to fit any bike cage with go-anywhere convenience, the Podium Big Chill Bottle from CamelBak allows you to keep a whopping 25-ounces of water cool on the road or trail. Revolutionizing hydration with a self-sealing Jet Valve, a taste-free bottle, and insulation for beverages that stay cold on the move, the 100 percent BPA-free bottle features a No Sticky Frame design that eliminates spray, a leak-proof positive shut-off valve, a high flow rate, and better tasting water thanks to it's TruTaste polypropylene that doesn't leach into the bottle. Lined with HydroGuard, the Podium Big Chill is protected from deterioration and bacteria. This long-lasting bottle is backed by CamelBak's Got Your Bak Lifetime Guarantee. Features and Specifications: Capacity: 25 ounces (750 milliliters) 100 percent BPA-Free Color: Clear Imola Blue Double-wall construction keeps water cold twice as long Jet Valve: Lets you sip from any direction, or squirt to cool off on long rides. Eliminates the "bite open, hip-slap shut" steps. High Flow Rate: Squeezable bottle offers more water when you need it. No Sticky Frame: Made from medical-grade silicone, the Jet Valve eliminates splatter on your frame or jersey. Leak-Proof: Positive shut-off at base of valve for leak-proof transport. Simply turn the bar 90 degrees to stop water flow. Better Taste: TruTaste polypropylene allows you to taste your water, not your bottle. Lined with HydroGuard to inhibit the growth of bacteria that can cause odors, discoloration or deterioration of the bottle surface. (Does not protect user against disease-causing organisms. Always wash bottle after use.) Commonly Asked Questions: Can I put my Podium Big Chill Bottle in the Dishwasher? Camelbak recommends hand washing the bottle--but--the Jet Valve lid is dishwasher safe (top rack only). Can I put sports drinks in the podium chill bottle? Yes, however, make sure to clean the bottle thoroughly after each use. Can I use carbonated beverages? Yes. The Jet Valve automatically vents pressure so that fizz will not cause pressure buildup. Please note, if the lockout is shut off, there will be pressure buildup, which isn't dangerous, but could lead to unexpected spray when opened. Can I put hot liquids in it? No. However, warm beverages are OK, provided they're not hot enough to burn your mouth. Extra-hot or boiling water can distort the plastic in the bottle, but warm tea in your Podium Chill Bottle is a nice treat for a cold ride. Can I freeze the bottle? You can freeze the bottle, but before you do, make sure that the bottle is only partially full. We recommend only 3/4 full to allow for expansion of the water as it freezes to ice. Place the bottle in the freezer right side up. Does the Podium Chill bottle fit any bike cage? Podium Chill and Podium Ice Bottles are designed to fit almost all cages on the market. For best performance, Camelbak recommends using cages designed with a little bit of give in them. Cages that fully encircle the bottle with a single loop of material, can have a tighter fit. You can still use the Podium Bottle with these cages, but be aware that the fit will be snug, which could make it tougher to get the bottle in and out. What materials are used to make the Podium Chill bottle and cap? The Podium Chill bottle is made primarily from TruTaste polypropylene, a proprietary blend of polypropylene that is food-safe and taste-free. A CamelBak TruTaste bottle means your water will taste like it should. The bottle cap is made from polypropylene, with smaller components made of HDPE. Sealing components (nozzle, Jet Valve and o-ring) are made of medical grade silicone. What is the hydroguard treatment mentioned on the product? HydroGuard is a CamelBak proprietary antimicrobial technology embedded directly into the bottle walls. HydroGuard is an EPA-registered compound that uses the natural anti-microbial properties of silver metal to inhibit the growth of bacteria that can cause odors, discoloration, or deterioration of the bottle.

- Mountains Plus