CamelBak Podium Big Chill 25oz

Best water bottle I've ever had. I love this bottle…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (CamelBak Rep)

Summary

Best water bottle I've ever had.

Pros

• Squeezable
  • Jet valve
  • Insulated

Cons

• Can't clean the valve?

I love this bottle more than anything. I have been through countless water bottles and I would give any one one of these.

The water in the bottle stays nice and cold even after hours outside. I am a room temperature water drinker, but if it is particularly hot, I will throw some cubes in and I know it will still be cool.

My favorite time to use this bottle is when I'm riding on my road bike. The jet valve is fantastic because if I'm having a hard ride, I don't really have the energy to suck water from the bottle. With this one I don't have to, I can just squeeze it gently.

I also like the Camelbak auto lock on the top. I can lock off the valve so that if I throw it in my pack, I won't have damp things. There are not many bottles that can attest to that.

I've been using this for over a year, and I if I am doing a high intensity activity, it is my go-to 100%. It also comes in smaller sizes and I have one of each.

It's hot outside, but your water stays cool. The jet…

Summary

It's hot outside, but your water stays cool. The jet valve works well.

Pros

• Insulated
  • Jet valve

Cons

• Hard to clean the bottom

Twelve bucks for a water bottle, not in this lifetime! That's what I thought to myself when checking the Camelbak Podium Big Chill out. Then I thought back to one or two summers ago. It was 8:30am, we were climbing Deheasa Road in East County San Diego and the outside temperature was already 88 degrees. I remember the morning well... I reached down thinking of the frozen bottle I pulled from the freezer, looked forward to the cool water and got a nice big swig of lukewarm to hot water. Egads, that's terrible when the hydration is low and it's the dog days of summer.

I saw these water bottles on "sale" for $12 and figured I would give one a try. I had been recovering from a broken wrist and riding was at an all time low but the unseasonably warm spring day had me risking re-injury and jumping on the bike for a "quick spin". I took two bottles, one regular 22 ounce and the Big Chill 25 ounce. Both packed to the brim with ice cubes then topped off with water.

Drinking the first non-insulated bottle, I just finished with it when the cubes were 100% melted and the water began t warm. My next swig was from the Big-Chill. I knew it would be good because I could feel the ice cubes still in tact... and they were. Cool refreshing water on a mid eighties day, some two hours into a ride. Very welcome and refreshing.

To sum things up, I was sold on these insulated bottles. I went and bought another. The only downfall I could see is that they are so large, it is hard to clean the bottom. Keep the powdered/sports drinks out and stick to water in these, I do believe they will stay cool up to twice as long as a regular fully exposed bottle.

Visit CamelBak's Podium Big Chill 25oz page.

CamelBak Podium Big Chill 25 oz is a high performance insulated sport bottle that keeps your water cooler longer. A double-walled bottle construction uses closed cell foam technology to keep your water cold twice as long as a standard bottle. The patented spill-proof Jet Valve allows the user to hydrate immediately without having to open or close a drinking interface and the bottles streamlined ergonomic design offers excellent squeezability without compromising bottle grip. The large aperture of the drinking nozzle generates an exceptional water flow rate and is easy to remove for thorough cleaning. The Podium Chill also has a lockout dial with easy to read graphics for leak-proof transport.

- CampSaver.com

The 25 fl. oz. CamelBak Podium Big Chill Insulated Water Bottle uses double-wall construction to keep water cold long after you start pedaling.

For zero spills and twice the chill, the CamelBak Podium Big Chill Water Bottle is a great choice. High-performance features and TruTaste materials make staying hydrated a breeze.

- EMS

Camelbak Podium Big Chill Bottle 25 oz - New - Zero spills, twice the chill. Double-wall construction keeps water cold twice as long, while our innovative Jet Valve(tm) ensures you're drinking the water, not wearing it. FEATURES: -Hydration Capacity: 25 oz (750 ml) -100% BPA-Free -CamelBak(R) Got Your Bak Lifetime Guarantee(tm) -Innovative, self-sealing Jet ValveTM eliminates splatters and spills. -Lightweight, easy-squeeze bottle delivers the right flow to quench your thirst. -First insulated bottle to be team issue at the Tour de France. -Big ChillTM features huge 25 oz (750 ml) capacity, providing extra hydration for longer rides. -BPA-Free, TruTasteTM Polypropylene with HydroGuardTM lets you taste your water, not your bottle. -Also keeps warm beverages warm during cool weather rides. -Positive lockout for leakproof transport.

- Massey's Outfitters