CamelBak Talon

This is one amazing pack. I originally got this pack…

This is one amazing pack.

I originally got this pack for Search and Rescue so that I could could beat the brush and not worry about my pack getting torn up. I have not regretted this decision yet. The pack has proven to be tougher than anything that I have yet to throw at it.

It has a simple design which I find adequate to carry all of my gear. However, I did not want a hip belt that for the weight of the pack I would be carrying can just get in the way.

The part that I love about this pack the most is the floating shove-it pocket this allows me to carry large bulky items without pulling out a larger pack or using miles of bungee cord.

My only complaint is that the shoulders are a little wide for me which can cause the pack to be a little unstable. This is not entirely unexpected though since it was designed to fit geared up soldiers. This problem may have been solved by a hip belt but I find the problem negligible

Overall, this pack is amazing. If you are looking for a simple day pack with limited overnight capability that is tougher than a Kentucky mountain man than get it and you won't regret it.

CLOSEOUTS . Blackwater Gear's Talon hydration pack from CamelBak is a no-compromise, military-spec tactical hydration system built to withstand combat in some of the hottest spots on the globe. CamelBak widemouth 100 fl.oz. reservoir with Pure Flow(R) delivery tube included. Top-loading main compartment with heavy-duty zipper Multiple attachment points Compression straps for varying loads Interior mesh pockets for organizing small items Anatomic back pad Reinforced, padded shoulder straps and hip belt Side pockets and internal organizer Six-point strap system mounts a second, outboard reservoir Size: Approx. 21x14x11” Capacity: 1820 cu.in. Weight: 4 lb. 14 oz. Material: Cordura(R) nylon CLOSEOUTS . Philippines. Reservoir, Mexico.

- Sierra Trading Post

CamelBak Talon

The Talon has been discontinued.

The CamelBak Talon is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 22, 2008 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.