This is one amazing pack. I originally got this pack…

This is one amazing pack.

I originally got this pack for Search and Rescue so that I could could beat the brush and not worry about my pack getting torn up. I have not regretted this decision yet. The pack has proven to be tougher than anything that I have yet to throw at it.

It has a simple design which I find adequate to carry all of my gear. However, I did not want a hip belt that for the weight of the pack I would be carrying can just get in the way.

The part that I love about this pack the most is the floating shove-it pocket this allows me to carry large bulky items without pulling out a larger pack or using miles of bungee cord.

My only complaint is that the shoulders are a little wide for me which can cause the pack to be a little unstable. This is not entirely unexpected though since it was designed to fit geared up soldiers. This problem may have been solved by a hip belt but I find the problem negligible

Overall, this pack is amazing. If you are looking for a simple day pack with limited overnight capability that is tougher than a Kentucky mountain man than get it and you won't regret it.