Camp Trails Explorer
Source: received it as a personal gift
Solid, moderately light weight, and tons of organization options. If you pack intelligently, this pack is more than capable of hauling your bug infested, soggy footed, what do you mean there's no more trail mix- self over, through, and around anything under 10,000 ft elevation. I've had the pack since my 2nd year of Boy Scouts and I'm 30 now, and this pack has seen it all from the bayou, :to the rockies CO, black hills SD, AT through hike, Poconos, PA, and many more.
- Expandable top loading compartment is separated from lower comp which is easily accessible by a U zjpper.
- Zippers, stitching, seams are all very hefty
- Several lash points, 4 external pockets, and insulated bottle compartment (which you can ACTUALLY reach while pack is on) make it incredibly versatile for even the most anal retentive packer.
- Requires a seasonal application of water repellant.
- Not recommended for mountaineering due to lightweight nylon material the pack is made from. bag and contents are too susceptible to extreme elements encountered above 8,000 ft
Awesome pack for weekends to week long. Whether you're a 1st timer or a seasoned vet, this is a great "anywhere" gobag.
Design: EXTERNAL FRAME
Number of Pockets: 1 MAIN,ONE LOWER, 1 LONG SIDE, 1 SHORT SIDE, MAP POCKET AND WATER BOTTLE HOLDER
Max. Load Carried: 60-70 LBS
Height of Owner: 5'91/2"
Price Paid: GIFT
THIS IS A VERY STURDY PACK AND HAS A LOT OF ROOM. POCKETS ARE NICE AND THE WATER BOTTLE "POCKET" IS ACCESSABLE WHILE PACK IS STILL ON. THE OWNER NEEDS TO BE KINDA STOCKY FOR BEST FIT. I AM 175lbs. AND THE SHOULDER STRAPS ARE NOT TOO ADJUSTABLE FOR ME. THE PACK IS VERY ADJUSTABLE, JUST NOT TO MY SIZE. HOWEVER I WOULD RECOMMEND IT.
Design: external frame
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 40
Height of Owner: 5'9"
Price Paid: $100 (about)
This pack holds up well in most conditions. It is just big enough for one day and two nights, but you are PACKED. Overall it was too small for my needs but good for the begining backpacker.
Where to Buy
The Camp Trails Explorer is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Or you may want to check for a dealer list or direct sales on the Camp Trails website.
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.