Campmor Camp-Tech High Peaks Parka

I have owned this parka for about five years and in…

Fabric: CampTech

I have owned this parka for about five years and in that time I have used it in pouring rain, heavy wet snows, driving snow and have stayed bone dry. I have washed it at least half a dozen times and it has not diminished its durability or weatherproofness. It's been with me on long backpacking trips, alpine and nordic skiing, snowshoeing, standing on the sidelines of my son's soccer games in the rain, and snowblowing my driveway in all kinds of storms. It is the best $90 that I have ever spent and even though I probably wouldn't take it to Everest or Denali I highly recommend at as a everyday reliable parka for general mountaineering. And unless you really need a North Face logo on your sleeve to be trendy this is a hell of a buy!

I have a laminated version of camp-tech. I have had…

Fabric: Camp-Tech

I have a laminated version of camp-tech. I have had it for 5 months and it has worked wonderfully. I have not had any trouble with it becoming unwaterproof.

Campmor's Camptech comes as a coating or a laminate.

Fabric: Camptech-Waterproof/Breathable

Campmor's Camptech comes as a coating or a laminate. I had a parka with the laminate.

The parka worked great on a biking trip and kept me totally dry. However, after about 10 months of very mild use the laminate peeled off in several large sections. It looked more as if it had melted off.

Campmor replaced my parka with one with the Camptech coating instead of the laminate. We'll see how this works.

Packable, underarm zips for ventilation, nylon mesh…

Fabric: Camp-Tech Waterproof/Breathable Fabric

Packable, underarm zips for ventilation, nylon mesh lining, velcro closure cuffs are all good features. Started out waterproof but after 16 months and 10 camping trips it is not keeping out the water. Campmor labeled this 100% waterproof breathable guaranteed. This past September I found myself in a downpour and was soaked after about a half hour. There is a white coating on the inside of the fabric that is worn off of about half the material. I would not recommend Camp-Tech fabric.

Campmor Camp-Tech High Peaks Parka

The Camp-Tech High Peaks Parka has been discontinued.

The Campmor Camp-Tech High Peaks Parka is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.