Canada Goose Tundra Down Pant

Shell Fabric 195 gsm, Arctic-Tech 85% polyester / 15% cotton blend with a DWR.
Lining Fabric 55 gsm, Nylon plain weave treated with water repellent finish.
Fill 625 fill power white duck down

Very simple, low grade down pants. As per my Snow…

Fabric: Polycotton and nylon
Fill: Duck down

Summary

Very simple, low grade down pants.

Pros

• I did not pay for them.

Cons

• Polycotton material. Nothing stellar here.
  • Quilted construction, not baffled.
  • Strange sturip straps at leg openings, useless.
  • Cheap zipper in front.
  • Low grade duck down.
  • Not articulated at knees. Stiff.
  • Not warm enough for true expedition use.
  • No side zipper.

As per my Snow Mantra review posted earlier, I was issued these pants for work and would not buy them otherwise. Once again they seem to be a 1950s reproduction; heavy and not that warm. No offense to all the other reviewers, but I simply did not care for them at all especially considering the cost.

I live and work in the Arctic and often spend many days and weeks out on the barrenlands during the winter, so warm gear is essential, but if it wasn't for the fact that I layer up first with plenty of wool I would find these pants inadequate. They are only insulated with duck down — not the best — and the down is quilted not baffled as in higher quality pants for the same cost.

The outer material is advertised as "Arctic Tec" but after reading the label it's just polycotton which is none too strong and not waterproof, water saturates these pants fairly easily which is dangerous in the winter. At the foot section is a cheap elastic stirrup strap which is useless as it does not work at all under heavy use during extreme cold and rips out easily.

If it wasn't for the fact that these and other Canada Goose items were issued to me I would not be using them. There is so much better out there, especially for the money.

In preparation for a winter trip to Alaska, I purchased…

Fabric: Poly-cotton outer shell, treated with Teflon
Fill: Duck Down

In preparation for a winter trip to Alaska, I purchased a pair of Canada Goose Tundra down pants from Sierra Trading Post. And I wasn't disappointed.

Standing all day on the frozen surface of a lake covered in two feet of snow, at -10 degrees Fahrenheit and below, with a 10 to 20 knot wind, my legs were never once even the least bit chilly. Admittedly, I was wearing a pair of light weight polypropylene long underpants and a pair of expedition weight Patagonia Synchilla pants underneath the Tundras, but I was completely comfortable while those around me complained of the cold and sought shelter as the night approached.

If you're going to wear a couple of layers beneath the Tundra, you might consider the next larger waist size, but I have a 33" waist and, with my two under layers, the mediums were fine.

Construction, as with all Canada Goose products--I own both the Resolute and Snow Mantra parkas--is extraordinary. Just be sure you buy from a reputable seller. There's a lot of cheap Chinese knock-off crap out there... and it could be deadly in the wilds of Alaska.

If you're going where it's seriously cold, these are serious cold weather pants. Even at full price, it's money well spent.

The only negative? I wish I'd bought several pairs at the $89.95 price point.

Visit Canada Goose's Tundra Down Pant page.

Whether setting out for an Arctic expedition or ice fishing on a cold day, wild winds and frigid temperatures can slice through pants to freeze the skin on your legs in moments. In these extreme cold-weather conditions, the insulated Canada Goose Tundra Down Pant is the ideal complement to your Canada Goose parka.

- CampSaver.com

Free Shipping. Canada Goose Men's Tundra Down Pant DECENT FEATURES of the Canada Goose Men's Tundra Down Pant Adjustable waistband with exterior buckles Silicon gripper elastic on interior waistband Snap, hook and eye centre front closure Reinforced inseam hem panels Reinforced knee and seat panels Elasticized internal snow gaitors with snap closure Reflective tape on lower side zipper placket Two hand warming side seam pockets Centre front YKK locking zipper Heavy-duty, side leg, 2-way, YKK locking zipper for easy on and off The SPECS Inseam Length: 32in. / 81.28 cm Fill Power: 625 fill power white Duck down Fit: Regular Insulated This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

CLOSEOUTS . Trust Tundra down pants from Canada Goose for protection from extreme cold weather. DWR(R)-coated Arctic-Tech outer material with expedition grade duck down insulation. Front hand pockets Rear touch-fasten pockets Belt loops Zip fly and button closure Interior waistband gripper Double-reinforced knees and crotch Ankle zips: 15- Inseam: 32 Weight: 2 lb. 6 oz. 85% polyester, 15% cotton Down-proof nylon lining 550 fill power Dry clean CLOSEOUTS . Canada. Size: S(29-32) M(33-36) L(37-40) XL(41-44) 2XL(45-48) 3XL(49-52) Unisex sizing, women order next size smaller.

- Sierra Trading Post