Carlisle Economy Paddle

I've always been a Lolk paddle guy. One day, I read…

I've always been a Lolk paddle guy. One day, I read that 'an unbreakable paddle' was a must for Roy McGregor, a pretty fair paddler and hockey writer up here in the Great White North. So I bought one of these Carlisle paddles from MEC as a 'spare' and I really liked it.

It was light, wide and had a nice T-grip. And I use paddling gloves so it still felt good in hand. And I really loved that when you came to a portage and you had to unload the packs in tough places you could just pitch this thing from the canoe onto land and not worry about damage.

And I liked being able to cast off from a portage and not worrying when I grinded the paddle or fended off rocks because the thing really is UNBREAKABLE.  So it became my stern paddle of preference very quickly.

It's no trophy, that's for sure.. just a very surprisingly good functional piece of gear.

This inexpensive, lightweight, sturdy paddle is great for rafting and canoeing. It features a 7.75" x 20.5" polypropylene blade and a 1" diameter aluminum shaft. A T-grip handle and 8" gripping area complete the package.Oversize shipping charges apply on 60" or greater sizes.Sizes: 48", 54", 60", 66"

- NRS

Lightweight and durable, this is the perfect all-purpose paddle. An 8" X 20" blade adds power to your stroke. A tempered-aluminum shaft with a 13" HDPE grip for sure handling. Blade and T-grip are molded of high impact polypropylene.Blade Material: plasticShaft Material: tempered aluminumWeight: 30 oz. (60")

- Campmor

Carlisle / Johnson Outdoors Economy Canoe Paddle - cs5

- Rocky Mountain Trail

The Carlisle Economy Paddle is lightweight and durable. This is the perfect all-purpose paddle. An 8" X 20" blade adds power to your stroke. A tempered-aluminum shaft with a 13" HDPE grip for sure handling. Blade and T-grip are molded of high impact polypropylene.

- RockCreek