Cerro Torre Gecko 40L

I bought this pack for carrying my books in University.

Price Paid: Don't remember

I bought this pack for carrying my books in University. Completely fell in love with it!! The adjustable VAT system is great and the outer frame gives great stability to the pack when you wear it.

It's really tough, I took it on numerous hicking, canoe-camping trips and was never gentle to it...it's still as new! (Except for a little dirt! :). This pack made me a Cerro Torre unconditional: I bought the Kodiak-I and the Morrat 22. They are all great packs and you get great value for the money you pay. They are a little heavier than other packs because of the frames but, if U like stability and robustness, these packs are for you.

I have only used this pack once but it was very comfortable…

Height of Owner: 6'2"
Price Paid: 69.00

I have only used this pack once but it was very comfortable during my 8 mile hike. I got a 100oz CamelBack Unbottle resevoir on sale and it fit into the resevoir pouch perfectly. The pocket on the padded waist belt was perfect for a small digital camera.
I only rate it 4 stars because I have only used it once. I'll have to put it through more rigorous duty before I give it a 5.

If you've owned or used a Cerro Torre Gecko 40L, please share your experience.

Cerro Torre Gecko 40L

The Gecko 40L has been discontinued.

The Cerro Torre Gecko 40L is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 15, 2006 at REI.