Cerro Torre Porter 40L

I had a Cerro Torre 15L pack that had the same problem…

Height of Owner: 6.0

I had a Cerro Torre 15L pack that had the same problem with a skunky smell from the pack. I asked the person I bought it from if it had been sprayed by a skunk and it had not.

Hard to rate this one? I purchased this model last…

Design: Top loading
Size: 40L
Height of Owner: 6ft

Hard to rate this one? I purchased this model last year in Canmore and I absolutely love the style, look, features and fit. I'd give it 4+ star rating if it weren't for one problem we cannot overcome. It stinks! I don't know if it is from the rubber on it or it was dipped in skunk "you know what". I don't reca;l it smelling when we bought it, however it began to start smelling awful the first time after I used it (short hike). Unfortunatly we left the area where we purchased it (1,200 kms from where I live) and could conveniently return it.

Anyone else discover this problem with this pack or the Cerro Torre product line.

This extended daypack is ergonomically sound and extremely durable so you can carry your load comfortably and confidently. Roll Top entry allows full access to the main compartment by releasing the two side buckles and unrolling the top. Ergonomic shoulder straps make for comfortable carrying and a stable load. Features pre-molded internal frame with 3D foam pad for maximum comfort, and a detachable raincover to protect your pack from sudden downpours. New A-slanted hipbelt helps transfer heavy loads onto your hips. Internal compartment holds hydration reservoir (sold separately) for hands-free drinking on the trail. Waterproof zippers increase protection from the elements. Two side mesh pockets are great for smaller items such as water bottles, energy bars or cell phone. Flush accessory attachment panel provides extra storage capacity. Made from durable 420-denier nylon and 1000-denier Kodra® nylon on the bottom to protect from inevitable bumps and bruises. Closeout.

Cerro Torre Porter 40L

The Porter 40L has been discontinued.

The Cerro Torre Porter 40L is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 26, 2006 at REI.