Cerro Torre Stealth 40L

I have used this pack on winter day trips and one…

Design: panel-loading internal
Size: 40L
Number of Pockets: 2 main, 1 hydration, 1 outside mesh and 2 side water-bottle pockets
Max. Load Carried: not sure, probably 20-25 pounds
Height of Owner: 5' 2"

I have used this pack on winter day trips and one summer overnight. Overall, it's a decent pack that appears very durable (I bought it used and have used it myself and it shows no signs of wear); however, I have always found it hard to get things in and out despite the fact that it is a panel loader. I think the main reason for this is the top hydration pocket--when it's filled (in my case with snacks etc. as I don't use a hydration bladder) it sticks out and gets in the way of getting things in and out of the large main compartment especially when tightly packed (as can happen with winter clothing). This is the major reason for my relatively low rating of this pack.

I can't say too much about how comfortably it carries when it fits properly, as I bought this pack before I really knew enough to pay attention to torso length etc. and as a result it is too long for my 16-inch torso and isn't very comfortable for me but would probably be fine for someone taller. I have since gotten a women's Kelty Redwing which fits me much more comfortably and seems to be much easier to load and unload.

This large daypack has more than 2,400 cubic inches of space, plus two separate compartments for a laptop and CD player. Made from durable 420-denier nylon and 1000-denier Kodra® nylon on the bottom to protect from inevitable bumps and bruises. Anatomic shoulder straps make for comfortable carrying and a stable load; "A" slanted hip belt allows for carrying heavier loads. Features PVC framesheet with breathable foam pad for ultimate comfort. Internal compartment holds hydration reservoir (sold separately) for hands-free drinking on the trail. Two side mesh pockets are great for smaller items such as a water bottles (sold separately), energy bars or cell phone. Flush accessory attachment panel provides extra storage capacity. Easily adjustable straps let you customize your fit according to the size of your load. Features laptop compartment (fits up to 15-inch monitor), plus CD player pocket. Waterproof zipper on front compartment keeps your essentials protected from the elements. Overstock.

Cerro Torre Stealth 40L

The Stealth 40L has been discontinued.

The Cerro Torre Stealth 40L is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at REI.