Chaco Pitkin

I had heard alot about Chacos before I bought them.

I had heard alot about Chacos before I bought them. I had originally intended to buy these just to be everyday walkers, instead I wore them through two weeks of hiking throughout Nova Scotia. They're light and sturdy and one of the best pair of light hikers I have ever owned.

One word of caution though, they will never lose thier squeek. I have oiled these a couple times and worn them through rain and snow and they still have that leather squeek, it's almost become a trademark of all Chaco footwear. So if you're looking for quiet shoes beware, otherwise these are fantastic shoes. I ended up buying another pair just so I would have one when I finally wear these out.

They're suppose to go for 180 but if you are patient and occasionally check the Sierra Trading Post, they sell them there for 80.

If you've owned or used a Chaco Pitkin, please share your experience.

Chaco Pitkin

The Pitkin has been discontinued.

The Chaco Pitkin is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 28, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.