Chaco Vade Shoe

Comfy out of the box. But if you are looking for a…

Comfy out of the box. But if you are looking for a hiking shoe look at something else!

• Comfort
  • Light

• More a day-to-day shoe.
  • Poor outsole grip
  • No ankle support

Bought those shoes early summer 2015 to replace my expensive Lowa shoes. The fit was great right out of the box. I wear size 9.5. Sizing was great, enough room for my toes and since I got a sporty small ankle the't y are no space. There is no ankle support. It feels like a sponge, which makes it very comfy!

Traction is an issue. The outsole groves are not deep enough to grasp onto wet muddy terrain, so it very slippery. The outsole is more oriented for a city to occasionally dry terrain.

Comes with two choice of laces color. Construction seems Chaco quality. The PU foot is unusual when you look at it, but feels comfortable. When I acquired the shoes I thought the midsole was the same as my Z1 sandals, but it doesn't seems to be. Chaco use its Loveseat X3 platform instead of the PU platform.

Finally, if you are in for a light, comfortable shoe right out the box, this is a good choice for daily use and occasionally for light hiking, otherwise look for the Lowa Renegade!

Chaco Men's Vade Shoe

The Chaco Men's Vade Shoe is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 26, 2014 at REI.