Chaco Z/1 Pro

men's
Outsole VibramĀ® Pro

This is the replacement for the stealth that Chaco…

Use: Extensive hiking- wet-dry- rocky etc
Break-in Period: Short

This is the replacement for the stealth that Chaco is not making any longer I am told. These have all the same features except they have the new IndroGrip Compound soles. Not as sticky as the diamond stealth- but still really nice IMO especially around water.

I have only used on one extended river trip so far so thought I would put up my initial impressions for you folks looking to replace the stealth. They are "as advertised" but don't think you are getting the same grip as the stealth.

Great support- comfort- fit - adjust etc just like my Colorado and Unasweeps. Wore on dry rocky trail as well as on an Oregon river and performed well around water and on trail.

So far I am pleased and will see how they hold up on the long extensive hiking and rafting of the GC for almost a month. Performance is good so far and will check back in after September and have MANY more miles on them. Superior to any other sandals on the market so will see what kind of life they have.

Update: September 30, 2009

Please read my earlier review and this is the followup on the longer trip. I did a 25-day road/ rafting/ trail trip. We also did 16 days (rafting) through the Grand Canyon doing extensive hiking in ALL conditions.

As the soles wore in the sandal gripped even better than my previous trips. I must say I was impressed!! I wore the sandals daily on the worst of conditions including stemming and they not only held up- but were every bit as good if not better than the older stealth.

My initial impressions were quite different but after an EXTENDED trip the newer sandals exceeded the older stealth IMO. I am a big guy so put a bunch of pressure on the sandals and they still gripped the rocks extremely well. My wife is a small gal and she was impressed around exposure and wet rocks also.

I had said I would report in after my extensive trip so here you have it. 5 stars for this sandal-I am impressed-Thanks.

Visit Chaco's Men's Z/1 Pro page.

Free Shipping. Chaco Men's Z-1 Pro FEATURES of the Chaco Men's Z/1 Pro Upper: Polyester jacquard webbing upper wraps around the foot and through the midsole for the ultimate customized fit Adjustable and durable high tensile webbing heel risers Custom injection molded ladder lock for a secure hold Midsole: Durable LUVSEAT polyurethane footbed with slip resistant classic diamond pattern design Outsole: Marking Vibram Pro Outsole with Idrogrip rubber provides ultimate wet/dry traction 3mm lugs with water drainage channels SPECIFICATIONS of the Chaco Men's Z/1 Pro Weight: 15.3 oz / 434 g

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

The sticky rubber version of Chaco's classic Z/1, the Pro will keep you grounded with exceptional grip for wet and rocky terrain. The Luvseat footbed adds long-lasting comfort, support, and performance. Adjustable straps customize the fit. This product will be shipped directly from Chaco and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Stay grounded like a PRO in Chaco's sticky rubber version of the classic Z/1. Chaco's Pro rubber provides a grip like no other for both, wet and rocky terrain. Add our LUVSEAT platform to the combination and you will find both support and performance.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version

Open-toe designHeel-leash for front-back stability360deg Wrap-Fit adjustable strapsBioCentric(TM) footbedVibram(R) Pro outsole

- River Sports Outfitters refers to the men's version