Chaco Z/2 Colorado

I got these in late August when I saw them for only…

Break-in Period: 1 day

I got these in late August when I saw them for only $53 at Backcountry. When I got them out of the box, I immediately when for a little trail run in the rain. Almost no discomfort. At fist the toe strap would tighten, but after break in, this problem went away.

The next day I took wore them to the MN state fair for the entire afternoon. This included miles of walking and 45 minutes of swing dancing. No blister whatsoever. By the end of the day they were broken in.

I've gone for several hikes in these things and find them to be about as stable as my backpacking boots. I cant wait to try some backpacking with them. I also wore them for two days of straight of fishing...meaning that I was on my feet all day both days. No sore feet there either.

Two notes: when I got them, the main strap was a bit long for me. This really was no problem though when you consider that Chaco will shorten them and ship them back for free. They received my sandals on a Wednesday, and had them back in the mail that Friday. Great CS if you ask me.

Also, the bottom might make some feet sore at first, but you'll just need to get some calus on your feet.

Description of Chaco Z2 Colorado SandalIf river guides, climbers and steadfast wanderers didn't need a better sandal, there might have been no reason to create Chacos. But they did, and they still do. The performance line of sandals is where Chaco first hung their hat, and they continue to be as flexible and unique as the travelers, campers, deep thinkers and free spirits who wear them every day. Features:Colorado Vibram Sole:Best for wet and sandy environments, this low profile, lighter weight outsole sheds dirt and debris easily.

- US Outdoor Store refers to the men's version

With a focus on forefoot control, the Z/2 features a wrap-around toe loop that keeps your feet locked to the footbed. The easily adjusted pull-through strap system features soft polyester webbing that dries fast and maintains a consistent fit, making the Chaco Z/2 an ideal choice for the most demanding endeavors. This is a discontinued style. Sizes are limited.

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

These watersport sandals—designed by a river guide—wrap around your toes for a secure hold in wild water. Infinitely adjustable strapping system uses pull-through design to give you a secure fit while avoiding the bulk of extra buckles and straps. Molded polyurethane midsole/topsole units offer durable, dependable cushioning. Topsoles are anatomically contoured with molded arches for all-day support and comfort, making them ideal for feet with moderate to high arches. Non-marking Vibram® rubber outsoles feature close-set lug design for excellent slip resistance. Buckle closures at ankles and wraparound toe straps ensure that sandals stay on your feet. Closeout.

- REI refers to the men's version

You can call these unbelievably comfortable Chaco sandals your best high-performance, high-traction tires. Wrap-around toe loop provides extra security and stability. Biomechanical arch support and molded-in heel riser gives extra comfort. Molded, textured footbed conform to the shape of the foot. Anti-slip, non-marking Vibram outsole. Medium and wide widths. Synthetics. CLOSEOUTS. USA.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

The Chaco Z/2 Colorado Mens Sandal is perhaps the most secure sandal on the planet. Its Colorado outsole is ideal for activities that demand an extra measure of slip-resistance and traction such as rafting, canyoneering and sailing.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Chaco Z/2 Colorado

The Z/2 Colorado has been discontinued.

The Chaco Z/2 Colorado is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 9, 2014 at RockCreek.

If you're looking for a new sport sandal, check out the best reviewed current models.