Chinook Red Flash

I found this particular mummy bag while on the Outdoor…

Design: mummy
Fill: 600 duck down
Temperature Rating: 15 degrees Farenheight/-20 Celsius
Weight: 4 lbs

I found this particular mummy bag while on the Outdoor Outlet.com site. I couldn't pass up it for a meager eighty bucks! Plus it is not a BIG NAME brand either! :)

I used it this weekend camping at Governor Dodge State Park here in beautiful southwest Wisconsin. I must say I really liked the "fit" of this bag. 34 inches at the shoulders is just perfect for a broad-shouldered guy like me. The shell is constructed of rip-stop nylon and the inner liner is nylon taffeta. I liked the puffy zipper/chest baffles and the nicely shaped contoured hood. I slept very warm in this down bag.

My only "complaint" with this bag is the non-downproof shell. I noticed some feathers poking out and a few on the tent floor come morning. The rip-stop shell doesn't do much to keep the down from staying IN THE BAG where it belongs. Other than this the bag is very well constructed and the fit is excellent.

If you've owned or used a Chinook Red Flash, please share your experience.

Chinook Red Flash

The Chinook Red Flash is not available from the stores we monitor.