Chippewa Norwegian Welt

Absolutely amazing! Never have I ever had a boot that…

Materials: Leather, Vibram, Thinsulate Ultra
Use: steep mountains/rough backcountry, hiking, city streets
Break-in Period: a few days or weeks

Absolutely amazing!

Never have I ever had a boot that was this durable and held up this long! When these boots finally do reach their end (not anytime soon the way things are going) I will undoubtedly buy another pair.

I have had these boots for 4+ years. They have hiked/been abused all over the world, 4 continents later they are still kicking with no end in sight!

They have been used hiking on a glacier in New Zealand (with crampons), they have hiked throughout the Southern Alps(NZ), and have been from the Irish coast and highlands to the city streets of Dublin and never felt out of place in either, the Andes Mountains and Precordillera, backcountry Canada, all over the eastern US, they have been used for geology field trips and a month long geology field camp on some of the roughest terrain in the world.

I witnessed firsthand as Columbia, North Face, and Merrell boots literally FELL APART! and LOST THEIR SOLES during my time in Argentina. My Chippewas however, despite being 3+ years old at the time, came through with only surface scratches. I cannot stress enough how durable these boots are.

8" provides great ankle support (I have torn all the ligaments in both ankles so I need a taller boot for support), Vibram soles, Thinsulate Ultra insulation,
Chipp-A-Tex waterproof membrane

Only the thickest, most lasting oiled leathers are used in these beautiful, limited edition lace-up boots from Chippewa. Uppers have slightly pebbled texture Comfortably padded collars and tongues Leather Norwegian welt assures longevity Steel shanks support arch Cushioned removable insoles Dri-Lex lining Vibram soles Goodyear welt construction Height: 7- ” Weight: 4 lb. pr. Overstock . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

Chippewa Norwegian Welt

The Chippewa Norwegian Welt is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 4, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.