CiloGear 45L WorkSack

Hipbelt = 150g
Lid = 170g
10 straps = 160g
Framesheet + Pad = 550g
Max Weight 1.8kg / 3.9lbs.
Small fits from 14.5 to 17.5 inches
Medium fits from 17 to 19 inches
Large fits from 19 to 22 inches

Best winter pack ever! It's light but durable. Simple…

Best winter pack ever!

It's light but durable. Simple but highly customizable.

All straps are possible to move into a plethora of combinations. Whatever you want to attach on the outside of the pack, just move the straps to fit your desires. Need to attach more stuff, just order more straps, though you'll get a ton to start with, I only ordered the specific ski carry straps, but I'm sure you can make some out of the straps you get with the bag, I was lazy.

It comes in different lengths which is good since I'm 6.4 and needed a taller than standard pack. The back plate is very easy to bend to fit your back and carries very comfortable. Has all the adjustments you need, but nothing more.

Perfect for a setup where you want to bring crampons, shovel, probe, skis or snow shoes, water bottles, pad and ice tools.

It's made by a small company in Oregon and for the price, without being arrogant, I can't see why you would bother to look at another pack. This is the only time I have really been sold on an outdoor product, without anyone trying to sell it to me. I found it randomly looking around and wondered where it had been all my life.

The CiloGear 45L WorkSack featured in something like 30% of all alpine climbing stories on Alpinist Newswire. These packs appeared in seven straight Patagonia catalogs. They've been used by some of the best alpinists in the world to do some of the hardest routes. They've also been used by people like us to carry our groceries home, and to go cragging at the local choss pile.

In 2009, the classic 45L WorkSack returns to its roots with a body of 210d Dyneema ripstop. The pack balances climbing features and load carrying performance just as well as last year, but now it's almost 1/2 pound lighter. They've got the Ninja Pocket, which is a small wallet / ipod / goo sized pocket on the framesheet lid secured by an appropriately sized American made zipper. The flat front panel of the pack means that the 45L WorkSack excels at diagonal carrying skis.

For you crazy guys and gals, you've got a slightly smaller pack to control your packing, a trimmer profile and weight allowance for 4 more Gu's in your pack. The rest of us can be glad that the pack constrains our proclivity to try to carry that kitchen sink. Smaller folk find that 45 liters is about as much as they want to have on their backs.

75 liters fully extended with a bloated extension. 45 liters normal capacity. 37 liters with one side closed. 22 liters with both sides closed.

Visit CiloGear's 45L WorkSack page.

CiloGear 45L WorkSack

The CiloGear 45L WorkSack is not available from the stores we monitor.