Clark Flex-180

Packing Weight 4 lb 6 oz / 1.98 kg
Packing Size 16 x 7.5 x 5/5 in / 40 x 19 x 13 cm

The Flex 180 is the best solution yet for a two-person,…

Summary

The Flex 180 is the best solution yet for a two-person, light, 3-season hammock. Extremely comfortable for both, yet allows each room to move. Just wish it had the underneath pockets of the NX 150/250 for colder weather; and had the full around zippers for the bug screen and weather shield.

Pros

• Easily packable
  • Extremely comfortable
  • Easy setup

Cons

• Miss the pockets of the NX series
  • Needs full zippers to allow access from either side

The lack of the full around zippers is the biggest drawback, causing the back sleeper to have to cross over to get out.

I replaced the stock suspension with my own system (as I did on my NX-150) of straps and cinch buckles to speed setup and allow easier adjustment. Also eliminates need for drip rings.  End weight of entire setup, including poles and tarp, is 52 oz.

Clark products are amazingly well built, and my NX 150 has held up to many years of tough use; so I anticipate nothing less with my new Flex 180.

Features:

100% mosquito-proof hammock bed; Our largest sil-nylon Vertex Rain Fly includes wind-shedding catenary curves; Fully zippered No-See-Um netting; Breathable WeatherShield zips over netting to create water-repellent layer; stuff sack; Dedicated storage for backpack under head-end hood; When second bed is not being used for an occupant, it acts as space for more storage; Two fiberglass poles are included (each section measures 16 inches / 41 cm); Non-wicking 12 ft. ropes (1700 lbs test for main bed with 1250 lbs third rope); 8 high-quality tie-out cords for rain tarp.

Visit Clark's Flex-180 page.

Clark Flex-180

The Clark Flex-180 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hammock, check out the best reviewed current models.