Clif Maple Nut Bar

I saw a new Clif Bar at the grocery store, IMO it's…

Summary

I saw a new Clif Bar at the grocery store, IMO it's meh. I typically like Clif bars all the way around, but this is so very so-so. Still just as good as any other Clif Bars for that final push up the hill.

Pros

• Quick energy
  • Cheap
  • Easy to eat (hot, cold)
  • Vegetarian

Cons

• High in sugar (not necessarily a con)
  • High in sodium

I like a ready to eat snack with pronounceable ingredients; Clif seems to do a very good job with this. I am pretty surprised that a 'Maple Nut' bar made it to the market with such a 'meh' taste. Typical texture and consistency, but seriously lacking in overall taste, especially with 'Maple' and 'Nut' in it.

I might have been more excited about my step-mother's bland oatmeal. No, strike that. Don't think I will ever be looking for this flavor again. As far as other flavors go, I'd put MOST ALL of them above this one. Sorry, Clif.

I find it a great product that is easy to deal with when hiking, especially when the gloves come out. These little bars usually have about 250 calories of very quick energy, which definitely has its place. I will usually bring a couple with me to work if I'm in a pinch,  or whenever I'm burning a lot of calories.

I would never recommend living off of Clif Bars in the woods, but have seen it done...

Visit Clif's Maple Nut Bar page.

4:1 ratio of carbohydrates to protein; excellent for post workout recovery Made with 70% organic ingredients Mix of carbohydrates, protein, and fiber promote steady increase in blood sugar levels followed by a gradual decline for sustained energy Item Specifications Flavor Maple Nut Type Bar Use Before Use During

- Mountains Plus

Its the Clif Bar made, and its still everything Clif Bar is about. Whole, organic ingredients. Performance nutrition. And great taste. Whether youre on a 150 Bar-mile bike ride or exploring a new trail, this energy bar is built to sustain your adventure.

- CampSaver.com

Tapped right from the tree, maple is nature's sweet gift. Unwrap it. Whether you're on a 150-mile bike ride or exploring a new trail, this energy bar is built to sustain your adventure.

- RockCreek

Clif Bar Maple Nut - Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifPro (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Calcium Carbonate], Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Toasted Oats (Organic Oats, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice), Pecan Pralines (Pecans, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Salt), Organic Maple Syrup, ClifCrunchTM (Organic Oat Fiber, Inulin [Chicory Extract], Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Oat Bran, Psyllium),Organic Date Paste, Safflower Oil Roasted Pecans, Natural Flavors, Almond Butter, Organic Sunflower Oil, Sea Salt. Allergen statement: Contains soy, almonds, and pecans. May contain traces of dairy, peanuts, and other tree nuts. We source ingredients that are not made using wheat, dairy, and are not genetically engineered.May contain nutshell fragments.

- Appalachian Outdoors

Clif Maple Nut Bar

The Clif Maple Nut Bar is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 30, 2014 at Mountains Plus.

If you're looking for a new bar, check out the best reviewed current models.