Climb On Bar

Not just for climbers!!! This all natural, chemical…

Not just for climbers!!! This all natural, chemical free product helps repair sore fingers and knuckles. "If you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin."

• Inexpensive
  • All natural/chemical free
  • Smells delicious
  • Soothes sore, pained hands

• Bears probably find it irresistible

Climb On! has been accompanying me on all of my camping trips for the last couple of years, as well as helping me out any time my hands get in rough shape. It's antiseptic, antimicrobial, and healthy on so many other levels!

• Unrefined yellow beeswax
  • apricot kernel oil
  • essential oil of lavender
  • grapeseed oil
  • virgin wheat germ oil
  • essential oils of citrus limon
  • tocopherol (vitamin E)

This waxy stuff does such a good job, I have given it to my mother-in-law as a gift! It smells so good, I have been tempted to take a little bite... I initially thought nothing of the shape of the wax in the container...

Alas, as one moves their fingertip in the tin, it rotates for even distribution and wear (watch this video)!!!

The only disadvantage that I can think of for my application is that it smells so good, I think will bears will be after my fingers! I simply make sure to keep it with my smelly gear in the bear-bag, and NEVER apply it after dinner! I highly recommend giving this product a try, especially if you are as rough on your hands as I am...

Nice review, multi purpose, seasoning for the bear and fire starter too! Sounds like a must have for hammockers in their bear burritos. I'd be reluctant to use it on the trail though.

Jake W

Looks like a good product Sean. I always rub the extra obenaufs on my hands when I'm conditioning my boots. How long does a jar usually lasts, looks a little small? Great review.

1 year ago

Nice. Have you used it to sooth messed up feet? Looking for an all round solution, seems like this could be it.

1 year ago

Nice review, and, like Jakuchu, I'd like to know about feet.

1 year ago

Jake W- I have had this stuff in two sizes, the smaller one (shown) lasts about as long as a tube of lip-balm. Its nice and waxy, helps to create a moisture barrier.

1 year ago

Jakuchu, G00SE- Iver never used it on my feet, I am incredibly fortunate to have low maintenance feet! I would imagine it to work excellent, though... It really works into callouses well!

1 year ago

I tried it, works really well. Says on the packaging also for cracked heels etc. I dislike smells from lip cream, soap and shampoos and dislike this one as well. But it works really well while not making your fingers feel greasy.

Jake W

Picked some up yesterday. Had never even heard of it before your review, let alone seen it, then I was walking through mountain equipment co-op, doing some Christmas shopping for myself and saw it by the front counter. I'll be givin it a test this winter! And I agree the price did seem good, although the jar is tiny.

Climb On Bar

The Climb On Bar is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 17, 2014 at

If you're looking for a new first aid supply, check out the best reviewed current models.