Climb X Rave

This climbing shoe is a great shoe for beginner to…

Summary

This climbing shoe is a great shoe for beginner to intermediate climbers. It is a good shoe that has lasted me months of climbing at Grand Ledge, MI. It is very cheap for a climbing shoe but do not overlook this shoe due to its price. For the price it is very durable and effective.

Pros

• Organic hemp footbed
  • High grade leather
  • Breathable mesh tongue
  • Padded ankle
  • CHEAP!!

Cons

• Runs a little smaller than most climbing shoes — I suggest going 1/2 size up!!
  • Not as comfortable as more expensive brands

This shoe, although cheap, has stood up to months of grueling bouldering and climbing. I again say: DO NOT LOOK OVER THIS SHOE DUE TO ITS INEXPENSIVE PRICE.

Yes, I will agree that a Scarpa or LaSportiva shoe would most likely hold up longer. With saying this, I am a college student and do not have a lot of money. This shoe is for those of you who do not wish to shell out a couple hundred bucks just to climb up some rocks.

The features I listed above such as the hemp foot bed and the ankle cushion have done their duty on a consistent basis to keep my feet feeling and smelling good. (Or as good as it gets after a day of climbing). The sole has not yet worn out on me as many cheaper brand shoes do and that was a positive surprise to me!

Like I have said, I climb at a gym in Kalamazoo as well as ‘The Ledges’ in Grand Ledge, Michigan. The shoes have held up and worked well at both of these places and I see myself buying another pair of Climb X shoes once these ones are forced to retire!

Good shoe for a better price!

The Rave's (DRFT) clean look and sleek profile make this a perfect choice for any climber.  Being a Climb X shoe, it offers many of the quality features on our upper-tier shoes including double stitch construction, padded collar and heel, polypropylene midsole and one-piece binding.

Features:

• Sewn through leather straps
  • High-grade center cut leather
  • Organic Hemp foot beds to keep them smelling fresh
  • X-Factor rubber rand
  • Externally built dual pull tabs
  • Breathable mesh tongue
  • Padded ankle cuff

Visit Climb X's Rave page.

Climb X Rave

The Climb X Rave is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.