Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Point 50/50

I am kind of a guy who is more inclined toward foldable…

Pros

• Light
  • Thin
  • Strong
  • Sharp

Cons

• Pocket clip is rather small and too strong, hardly flexes

recon_1_.jpgrecon_1.jpg
I am kind of a guy who is more inclined toward foldable knifes. I was going for a RTAK II or RAT 7, but after seeing the posted youtube video, I changed my mind and bought this one.

It is relatively big, tough and razor sharp, but I do not know how will it will keep the edge that sharp. I generally do not put my knifes into extreme uses, however as the manufacturer states the particular one will stand up to the challenge.

Locking mechanism, although similar to Buck lockback, looks and feels more secure. I do not know about the functionality or superiority of tanto blade over clip point or drop point blades, but it is awesome. The finger groves on the handle give the user a very fine grip.

It's rather large to carry on one's belt. As far as I can tell it is more designed like a field knife which can better be carried inside a rucksack. I do not think it can be used for splitting a chopped log although the overall structuring look tough, the blade thickness is not that much, 4 mm.

I liked it and strongly recommend.

Visit Cold Steel's Recon 1 Tanto Point 50/50 page.

Cold Steel is famous for raising the bar in the knife industry and our Recon 1 tactical folders are setting a standard that's hard to beat. Why? Because they are as tough as nails and will cut like a chain saw! Every facet of their construction has been over engineered to make them as strong, durable and effective as humanly possible. The blades are made out of imported Japanese AUS 8A stainless steel that's been vacuum heat treated and sub-zero quenched and the handles feature G-10 laminate scales artfully contoured and scalloped for a terrific non slip grip. Plus, they are held together by the latest in high strength mechanical fasteners and further anchored by a 6061 heat-treated spacer. To complement their super tough blades and handles they are equipped with our revolutionary Tri Ad lock, which practically precludes lock failure.

- Ramsey Outdoor

Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Point 50/50

The Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Point 50/50 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 16, 2012 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new fixed-blade knife, check out the best reviewed current models.