Coleman Kwanzan X40

The hydration-ready Kwanzan X40 is made of lightweight 210D silicone-treated nylon diamond ripstop for water repellency and shedding, with heavier 1000D nylon pack-cloth on the bottom for abrasion resistance. The pack features a removable frame sheet and two aluminum stays, ice axe loop, four additional lash points, map pocket, waterproof zippers, and two external side pockets. The Kwanzan X40 comes in men’s and women’s versions, and offers small, medium, and large interchangeable waist belts, gender-specific shoulder straps, and adjustable harness systems to accommodate varying torso lengths.

Capacity 40 liters
Weight 3.12 pounds

I bought this on clearance at a Coleman Factory Outlet.

Summary

I bought this on clearance at a Coleman Factory Outlet. It has been used twice and I'm very pleased with the performance so far.

Pros

• Nice size

Cons

• None, so far

This is a very nice pack.  I bought this for my daughter and have used it myself. Over two trips, it has about 10 miles on it. It was a little large on my daughter (the waist belt) but worked well with a limited load, probably 12-13 lbs.  I used it on a 7 mile overnighter and it fit great.

The pack weighed about 20-22 lbs and was very comfortable. It is a 40 liter pack and I carried a 40 degree down sleeping bag, ENO DoubleNest hammock, ENO Fast Fly, food, few extra clothes, 1st aid, 2 liter Platypus bladder, rain jacket, rainfly for backpack, Equinox rainfly, and pillow. It was pretty full, but my pillow is bulky and I could have gotten a few more items in the pack. It is typical top load with mesh pockets on both sides and a pocket on the top lid. Everything fit well, felt well, and rode well.

The pack is made from "210D Silicon treated nylon diamond ripstop provides outstanding water repellency and shedding" according to the Coleman website. It is a typical top loading pack, seems to be built well, compresses nicely, and is easy to use.

I am very happy with this backpack after two trips.

I will update in the future.

Visit Coleman's Kwanzan X40 page.

The Coleman Kwanzan 40L Internal Backpack is a lightweight pack that's big on features for day hikes as well as mulit-day camping.

- Altrec Outdoors

Coleman Kwanzan X40

The Coleman Kwanzan X40 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 23, 2010 at Altrec Outdoors.