Coleman Magellan 10

I love this sleeping bag. I'm a hike a mile from home…

Design: oversized hooded?
Fill: 60 oz coletherm
Temperature Rating: 10 F
Weight: about 7 pounds
Price Paid: $40 on clearence

I love this sleeping bag. I'm a hike a mile from home and stay out a night kind of camper and needed a bag I could use universally for camping whatever the weather, and indoor trips where there's no more beds available, and this was the perfect bag.

It's got nice little features like velcro zipper stops, strips of insulation around the zipper, a pocket next to your head to keep whatever in, drawstrings around your neck to keep heat in etc. A lot of bag for the money in my opinion

The coldest weather I've ever used the bag in was a hair below freezing, and wearing just long johns with no pad or anything underneath and i was comfortable. I'd probably feel comfortable using it around the ten degree claim with a little more clothes on and maybe a pad underneath. I've also used the bag indoors summer time and its actually not smothering like expected (wearing only underwear). Its also really really comfortable and oh so spacious. It actually lets you switch positions without getting tangled.

I couldn't imagine a better bag for the price. It's definitely no backpacking sleep bag, it's pretty big and heavy. I took off half a star because it's a real pain in the tent pole to get back in the bag. But it's still great!

The Coleman Magellan semi-mummy bag features a durable 210T nylon shell with a drawstring closure so you can tighten it snugly around your head and shoulders. Anti-snag zipper tape prevents heat loss through the zipper coils.

- FogDog Sports

Coleman Magellan 10

The Magellan 10 has been discontinued.

The Coleman Magellan 10 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Open Trees.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.