Coleman NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart

My family has always used Coleman lanterns at night…

My family has always used Coleman lanterns at night when camping and I use them too. This is the NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart. It is convienient and easy to use and really puts out quite a bit of light. We use them constantly at home at night in the backyard too. It easily screws onto a Propane canister and has a wonderful base that the Propane canister sits in and it has 4 "feet" that unfold for superior stability while sitting on a table or the ground. As with all lanterns, it also comes with the hanger to hang from a pole or tree branch.

I personally do not like the InstaStart push button ignitor as sometimes there is too much gas inside the globe and it can "poof" which scares me so I always use a long match or camp stove lighter and then turn on the gas to light it!

If you've owned or used a Coleman NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart, please share your experience.

Coleman NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart

The NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart has been discontinued.

The Coleman NorthStar Duel Mantle Perfectflow InstaStart is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 12, 2006 at FogDog Sports.

If you're looking for a new fuel-burning lantern , check out the best reviewed current models.