Coleman Northstar Electric Lantern

This is an excellent lantern. It is very bright and…

This is an excellent lantern. It is very bright and works very well. Even on low setting it is bright. Mine came with the daylight bulb. This would work well for campers, night fishing, or power failures. I do not know how it compares to other bulb lanterns, but I am glad I did some research first. This is a winner in my book.

The box says it will last over 20 hours on low setting and 13 on high. I just wish it had an even lower setting for brightness. I paid $30 at Bass Pro and then about another $10 for 8 D Duracell batteries. It would have been nice if it was fully rechargeable instead of having to replace batteries, but if they last like Coleman says, that is not too bad either. I would definitely recommend this bulb lantern.

Dual, U-tube circuitry provides maximum light output; adjustment knob gives you desired brightness and extends run time when on low. Features patented "no tools required" tube replacement. Lamp runs on eight D-cell batteries, purchased separately. Night-light feature allows you enough light to see where you're going without keeping everyone awake. This super-bright, electric lantern will give your campsite plenty of light for cooking or reading--plus, it has a built-in night light for later on.

Coleman Northstar Electric Lantern

The Northstar Electric Lantern has been discontinued.

The Coleman Northstar Electric Lantern is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 11, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new battery-powered lantern, check out the best reviewed current models.