Not as bad as some reviews make it out to be. Just…

Not as bad as some reviews make it out to be.

• Lightweight despite heavier than claimed
  • Very noticeable R-value and comfort
  • Trimmable
  • Good for 3-season weight conscious hiking
  • at a low price

• Not as warm and comfortable as higher priced
  • mats, but that's a trade-off for low cost and
  • weight savings

Just bought a Coleman Easy-Rest blue foam pad. It was $4 at Runnings, when I went back a couple weeks later to get it, it was $9.99.

It measures at 71.5"x24"x3/8", 11.5 oz. without packaging (claimed wt. of 8 oz.). Tried it on a very cold concrete garage floor (18°F). It has noticeable R-value (more than expected :-), and no real hard spots, even on my side,

I'm 180 lbs. It rolls down to 5 3/4" diameter (non compressed). It cuts 2 lbs off of my current self-inflating mat and should work well for three-season trips where weight is a concern. I may cut it down a few inches.

No impression on durability yet. For doubters on a budget it would be a big improvement over nothing at all.

Welcome to Trailspace, Paddle Faster! I hope you'll update us on how this pad works out for you.

Satisfactory performance for the price. I purchased…

Satisfactory performance for the price.

• Reasonably comfortable for foam pad
  • Extremely light weight

• Easily damaged

I purchased this sleeping pad at a large discount store as I discovered I had forgotten to bring my Therma-Rest pad with when I was about 6 hours from home.

I must admit that it was reasonably comfortable given the material it is made out of. I used it for a week and was suprised I was able to sleep as well as I did. It was also extremely lightweight, which was a plus. I actually ended up shortening it by cutting off some length which made it fit better in the pad straps on my backpack.

Because of the foam material, it did tend to get some gouges in the foam from sticks that scrapped it on the trail, however, that didn't affect the performance at all and for the price, it really didn't matter all that much to me.

For the occasional hiker or beginner, this sleeping pad would probably provide adequate comfort at an extremely reasonable price. It would also work well for someone wanting to hike "ultra light."