Coleman Rest Easy Pad

Satisfactory performance for the price. I purchased…

Summary

Satisfactory performance for the price.

Pros

• Reasonably comfortable for foam pad
  • Extremely light weight

Cons

• Easily damaged

I purchased this sleeping pad at a large discount store as I discovered I had forgotten to bring my Therma-Rest pad with when I was about 6 hours from home.

I must admit that it was reasonably comfortable given the material it is made out of. I used it for a week and was suprised I was able to sleep as well as I did. It was also extremely lightweight, which was a plus. I actually ended up shortening it by cutting off some length which made it fit better in the pad straps on my backpack.

Because of the foam material, it did tend to get some gouges in the foam from sticks that scrapped it on the trail, however, that didn't affect the performance at all and for the price, it really didn't matter all that much to me.

For the occasional hiker or beginner, this sleeping pad would probably provide adequate comfort at an extremely reasonable price. It would also work well for someone wanting to hike "ultra light."

If you've owned or used a Coleman Rest Easy Pad, please share your experience.

Coleman Rest Easy Pad

The Coleman Rest Easy Pad is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 20, 2013 at Ramsey Outdoor.

If you're looking for a new closed-cell foam sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.