Coleman Sundome 2

Great bang for the buck. I paid around $40 for this…

Summary

Great bang for the buck. I paid around $40 for this tent. I use it on my motorcycle. It packs small but the 5'x7' floor space is great for me and my gear.

Pros

• Inexspenive
  • Packs small
  • Roomy inside

Cons

• Poles drag when slidding through loops
  • Rain fly does not go down to the ground

This tent can be set up in less than 10 minutes. I've been out in some windy areas and the held up fine. In wet weather as long as you don't get against the sides you're fine.  If it had a larger rain fly this would not be an issue. The Sundome 2 has large vents at the top and a half door vent, never had problem condensation.

With the 5'x7' floor space storage area and sleeping space for ONE person is great. I bring my riding gear inside and don't feel cramped. The tent comes in a nice storage bag. There is enough room in to put additional stakes and a camping hammer.  The zippers and poles are holding fine after 4 years of use.  It has a cargo pouch inside for frequently used items and a loop for a lantern.

For the price of this tent the quality is about standard. After years of use the only thing I would change is the rain fly.

Welcome to Trailspace, Mike.

Coleman Sundome 2

The Coleman Sundome 2 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 19, 2015 at Ramsey Outdoor.

Congratulations, Sheila, Winner of a Year's Worth of Nikwax