Coleman SunDome 6 Tent

I have a 10x10 Coleman from '98 and we have camped…

Design: 3 season dome
Ease of Setup: tough alone , easy with 2
Weight: heavy

I have a 10x10 Coleman from '98 and we have camped lots, week at a time It looks like the Sundome models of today, 1 window on each side and the big door.

This tent has withstood 28 hours of pounding rain last week with very little leakage and that was at the door only. It is heavy and requires 2 to set up, the poles sang easy. But I love the space, I have never been to a camp ground with it, we have only camped in the bush.

I live in Canada and camping in May can be a crap shoot, this tent only has a small screened area at the roof and it is warm in the near freezing May weather. I don't know if the Coleman product of today are of the same quality but this one has been awesome in all weather and has yet to have anything break.

I treat it every spring with silicone spray. It is heavy and large but I don't mind that as we go boat camping so don't have to portage or anything. I have had numerous other smaller tents as spares or solo trips and they all have leaked or broke (they were all cheap brands also) but this old Coleman has really held up. When it dies I don't know what I will do.

Found the tent very practical and very easy to set…

Design: 1 season
Ease of Setup: Very simple to set up, I have set it up myself without much light
Weight: 14.3 pounds

Found the tent very practical and very easy to set up. This tent was very durable as we found out in a very giant storm from a tornado.... Time when we thought it would collapse it held up. Even with the amount of rain that came down it did not leak a bit.......I give it a 5 star rating based on the amount of camping we did last year.

Key points:

Easy to set up

Looked good to the eye

Practicle pockets inside

Stores away to a nice small size

Great ventilation

Coleman SunDome 6 Tent

The Coleman SunDome 6 Tent is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 17, 2010 at Campmor.