The stove is compact and light weight. My impression…

The stove is compact and light weight. My impression is that it is well built and will definitely last.

My only complaint came when trying to simmer. It boils water quickly, but I don't believe there is enough control to simmer water. The unit kept blowing out, and I was forced to use my trusty Apex 2 dual fuel stove.

I have had this stove since when it first came out…

I have had this stove since when it first came out and has become one of my most used pieces of gear. I use it both as a base camp stove for cooking full meals as it holds a frying pan with no problems and as my trail stove for mostly heating water for freeze dried meals. The fuel lasts a long time as I have gone through maybe 2 full size and one small size canister in the past 5 years or so.

I recommend this stove to anyone who has the chance to get it especially now that I have seen them super cheap at stores like K-Mart or Sports Authority. Although I may upgrade to a super small Snow Peak type stove this year there will always be a place at base camp for this stove, that or a lucky friend might get it from me free.

McBlaster

Just a quick update that the fuel for these stoves is no longer made and getting it is impossible. I, however, scored 14 large canisters on clearance at Sports Authority about a year ago for 24 cents each.

Coleman Xpert Stove

The Xpert Stove has been discontinued.

The Coleman Xpert Stove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 1, 2008 at Gear for Adventure.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review