Columbia River K.I.S.S. ASSist Knife

I love this pocket knife. With the KISS ASSist it…

Price Paid: $25 from Sierra Trading Post

Summary

I love this pocket knife. With the KISS ASSist it opens almost like a switchblade and it is extremely sharp.

Pros

• Fast opening
  • Very sharp and holds an edge
  • Cool looking with its exposed blade when closed

Cons

• The push button sticks out pretty far and scrapes my hand when carrying it in my pocket using the pocket clip

This is a really cool knife. I have the tanto-style blade with partial serration. Opening and closing is all single handed and the KISS Assist mechanism opens the blade really quickly. I've had it about a year and have only had to sharpen it a couple of times.

The only drawback I've seen is the push button used for opening the blade sticks out a bit and when I carry the knife in my pocket using the pocket clip, I scrape the back of my hand on that button when getting something out of my pocket. The pocket clip is removable but I like it there because it adds a little girth to the handle area and makes it easier to open the blade because you can lock your fingers around the clip.