Columbia River K.I.S.S. ASSist Knife

I love this pocket knife. With the KISS ASSist it…

Price Paid: $25 from Sierra Trading Post

Summary

I love this pocket knife. With the KISS ASSist it opens almost like a switchblade and it is extremely sharp.

Pros

• Fast opening
  • Very sharp and holds an edge
  • Cool looking with its exposed blade when closed

Cons

• The push button sticks out pretty far and scrapes my hand when carrying it in my pocket using the pocket clip

This is a really cool knife. I have the tanto-style blade with partial serration. Opening and closing is all single handed and the KISS Assist mechanism opens the blade really quickly. I've had it about a year and have only had to sharpen it a couple of times.

The only drawback I've seen is the push button used for opening the blade sticks out a bit and when I carry the knife in my pocket using the pocket clip, I scrape the back of my hand on that button when getting something out of my pocket. The pocket clip is removable but I like it there because it adds a little girth to the handle area and makes it easier to open the blade because you can lock your fingers around the clip.

Columbia River K.I.S.S. ASSist Knife

The Columbia River K.I.S.S. ASSist Knife is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 7, 2013 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new folding knife, check out the best reviewed current models.