Columbia Aquatooth

Great traction, fit, adjustability, top and side ventilation,…

Materials: synthetics
Use: canyoneering, creek running, exlporing Laguna's tide pools
Break-in Period: none
Weight: very little

Great traction, fit, adjustability, top and side ventilation, and drainage AFTER I FIXED MANUFACTURER'S DEFECTS. To explain, I got the shoes on clearance and discovered why they were on sale: the drainage holes in the bottom were poorly produced, so I used a pick heated on a burner and melted open the holes. Now they work wonderfully. I tore the mesh on my first canyoneering trip (side scrape on a rock-ouch) but it was easy to repair. Good toe protection. Great cushioning as well.

This lightweight shoe has become my favorite sneaker.

Materials: Mesh, plastic
Use: walk, light run, hiking, water
Break-in Period: none, really
Weight: very light

This lightweight shoe has become my favorite sneaker. I use it for walking, running short distances, biking, water, etc.

As a Certified Rolfer, I teach short classes on healthy footwear in Portland, OR, and this shoe is a great example. The toebox is wide at the end of the toes (where it counts), the heel is low (though completely neutral would be best), and the sole is very flexible (twist the shoe to test this). You can feel the ground through this shoe, which allows the foot to adapt and respond appropriately.

I really liked the design and fit of these shoes,…

Materials: Full synthetic upper
Use: Amphibious trail shoe
Break-in Period: ?
Weight: ?

I really liked the design and fit of these shoes, however once I had them on for about an hour I noticed that a spot on the front half of my foot opposite the ball started to hurt like I had a rock in the shoe or something. Turns out the sole has little holes in it for ventilation or drainage, however, the bottom of the shoe was sealed, probably due to manufacturing defects and when I walked my foot pressed into the hole and thus created a vacuum. The shoe was giving me a tiny hicky. Well, I took out knife and made a hole all the way through and now it is fine.

Good shoe, bad manufacturing practices/quality assurance.

CLOSEOUTS . Columbia Footwear Aquatooth water shoes break the barrier for watersports, boating and poolside adventure, with open-mesh design for fast draining and drying. Support overlays for stability Shock-absorbing midsole with arch support Removable, perforated insole for fast drying Elastic rapid-lacing system with locking cinch Padded collar and gusseted tongue Non-marking Omni-Grip(R) lugged traction outsole Mesh and synthetic leather upper Weight: 1 lb. 3 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Getting the Columbia Men's Aquatooth Shoes wet while you hop into the river raft or kayak is no biggie, thanks to these amphibious shoes' drainage holes, open mesh uppers, and removable footbeds. Aggressive outsoles on the Aquatooth Shoes grip damp rocks on your portages, and the stretch-cord laces with locking toggles make it easy to slip into these Columbia shoes in the morning. Anitmicrobial protection in the removable footbed helps fight swamp stink, while drainage holes in the upper, midsole, and outsole of the Aquatooth let water escape after a dunking.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

As comfortable on the trail as it is in the water, this amphibious athletic shoe is ideal for river rafters and trail runners who aren't afraid of the water. A protective upper allows for drainage and dries quickly, and a removable footbed features anti-microbial odor control. The midsole also has drainage holes, and the aggressive outsole keeps its grip.

- Ramsey Outdoor refers to the men's version

Columbia Aquatooth

The Aquatooth has been discontinued.

The Columbia Aquatooth is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 19, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new water shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.