Great feel underfoot. Lots of cushioning but supportive.

Materials: suede, mesh, gore-tex lined
Use: short dayhikes
Break-in Period: none
Price Paid: $13.99 @ Marshalls

Great feel underfoot. Lots of cushioning but supportive. Wonderful day hike trail shoe. Waterproof as advertised, but with the low cut aren't good for rainy excursions or fording streams without serious gaiters.

Excellent traction on rocks and steep grades. I've even had good traction and use in light snow. Compared to my Tevas, the toe box is a little smallish, which becomes noticeable on long, steep descents. Nicely padded tongues keep my ankles nicely coddled (sometimes a tender area for me). Fairly light too. I can cover a lot of ground in these babies.

XterroBrando

guess I should restructure this ancient review. maybe then the negative "useful" rating would be happy? probably not, lol.

Columbia Beartooth GTX

The Beartooth GTX has been discontinued.

The Columbia Beartooth GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 14, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review