Weight 1 lb 10 oz / 747 g (Size 9.5)

Columbia Bugaboo Omni-Heat boots are the cat's meow,…

Summary

Columbia Bugaboo Omni-Heat boots are the cat's meow, comfy right out of the box, and super warm and rugged with great style.

Pros

• Warm and comfortable right out of the box
  • Rugged and durable sole
  • Waterproof
  • Super warm insulation
  • Stylish

Cons

• A wee bit on the heavy side

I purchased a pair of Columbia Bugaboo Omni-Tech Heat boots two years age for a college course and absolutely love them. They were comfortable and fit great right out of the box, requiring no break-in time. They kept me super warm and dry throughout the winter camping course and I use them every day in the winter for all my outdoor activities—hiking, snow shoveling around the house, winter camping and pulling a pulk, snowshoeing, and more.

They are super comfy even just hanging around camp, out by the fire or inside in the hot tent. In the time I have worn these great boots I have had no pain or discomfort from rubbing or chafing, and my feet have been cradled and supported in comfort no matter the activity.

The Bugaboo boot exterior is a great waterproof and super durable combination of man-made and natural materials. The interior is a space-age looking Thinsulate lining. The rugged and durable Vibram soles are wonderful on the snow and grip well on the icy trails. I recommend for more safety the use of ice spikes on long stretches of ice as a safer choice.

The Bugaboo boot is easy to get on and off with its durable lacing system of heavy duty speed lace hooks. After two years of heavy use my boots still look brand new, with never a problem and having never failed at keeping me warm and dry.

I highly recommend the Columbia Bugaboo Omni Tec boots for use by any outdoor enthusiasts.

Welcome to Trailspace, Packrat69! Thanks for sharing a review of your Sorels with us. I hope you'll consider reviewing more of your gear.

Packrat69

Hi Alicia thanks for the welcome , but just to clarify Columbia bugaboo boots and nothing like Sorels. Totally different boots.

G00SE

Hey, Packrat! I'm not use to hearing about boots this cheap being so durable. They're really that good of a deal?

Oops. Not sure why I wrote Sorels, when they're clearly Columbias. Thanks again!

Packrat69

Goose, yes I have played hard in my Columbia Bugaboo boots for two years plus and they still look and are as good as new, like the day when I took them out of the box. I would definitely purchase another pair if and when these wear out. Hope they still make them when that happens!! Maybe I should buy another pair as a spare.