Columbia Global Adventure Pant

This hiking pant has the look of dress pants instead…

Price Paid: Columbia pant $60

This hiking pant has the look of dress pants instead of the typical rugged style. These pants feature sun-protection fabric and resists rain and stains. It is a good substitute for the occasion when you prefer to upgrade your style while having a versatile wardrobe. The pants are very lightweight, but will keep you comfortable in warm and cooler weather. I would recommend these pants to one who wants to travel light.

• Stain resistent
  • Water repellant
  • Sun protection

We have all experienced the high cost of travel, especially when considering the add-on fees for luggage and the weight restrictions permitted for each bag and passenger. Accordingly, we've learned our lesson and have started to pack light. For my next trip, which I plan to spend three weeks in Germany, I decided to purchase some casual clothing, which I could launder as needed in the cities which I visit.

I selected two pair of pants, including the Columbia Global Adventure series, and the REI Sahara Convertible Pant. To maximize lighter travel I wanted to have one pair of pants, which can be converted to shorts as the situation dictated. I made sure that both of these products had deep, secure pockets and that a regular belt would fit through the loops.

Both of these products appear to be great but I am also bringing a regular pair of pants in case the situation calls for it. My purchasing experience included trying on over one dozen pants before I made my selection. Both the Columbia and REI seem to be the best fitting and the best value.

Columbia Global Adventure Pant

The Columbia Global Adventure Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 11, 2016 at REI.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review