Columbia Global Adventure Pant

This hiking pant has the look of dress pants instead…

Price Paid: Columbia pant $60

Summary

This hiking pant has the look of dress pants instead of the typical rugged style. These pants feature sun-protection fabric and resists rain and stains. It is a good substitute for the occasion when you prefer to upgrade your style while having a versatile wardrobe. The pants are very lightweight, but will keep you comfortable in warm and cooler weather. I would recommend these pants to one who wants to travel light.

Pros

• Stain resistent
  • Water repellant
  • Sun protection

We have all experienced the high cost of travel, especially when considering the add-on fees for luggage and the weight restrictions permitted for each bag and passenger. Accordingly, we've learned our lesson and have started to pack light. For my next trip, which I plan to spend three weeks in Germany, I decided to purchase some casual clothing, which I could launder as needed in the cities which I visit.

I selected two pair of pants, including the Columbia Global Adventure series, and the REI Sahara Convertible Pant. To maximize lighter travel I wanted to have one pair of pants, which can be converted to shorts as the situation dictated. I made sure that both of these products had deep, secure pockets and that a regular belt would fit through the loops.

Both of these products appear to be great but I am also bringing a regular pair of pants in case the situation calls for it. My purchasing experience included trying on over one dozen pants before I made my selection. Both the Columbia and REI seem to be the best fitting and the best value.

If you've owned or used a Columbia Global Adventure Pant, please share your experience.