Columbia Ice Crest

First, a quick summary of pros and cons: Pros: inexpensive,…

Design: three-season freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: Fairly Easy
Weight: 6.6kg

First, a quick summary of pros and cons:

Pros: inexpensive, spacious, fairly easy to setup, lots of neat little features.

Cons: Easily leaks water on the sides (and bottom), very heavy.

This was my first tent ever bought, and the first time I went camping I made the mistake of not having a piece of tarp underneath the tent. Doubtlessly, when it started raining, I had puddles everywhere on the floor. I expected at least the floor to be waterproof on its own.

The next time it was raining (moderately hard), I had a tarp... but the tent started leaking on the sides, closer to the bottom, where it seems the fly wasn't covering some sections of the wall completely. So I had a wet tent again, though to a lesser degree than before.

In addition, this tent is no good for hiking or backpacking, since it weights in at a staggering 6.6kg.

Overall, I'm not satisfied with this product, and will be getting a much more reputable, if more expensive, tent soon.

Columbia Ice Crest

The Ice Crest has been discontinued.

The Columbia Ice Crest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 10, 2007 at

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review